The Student Room Group

Ethnicity issues (Afghanistan and Pakistan)

i posted this on anonymous but i guess no one would believe me

anyways i like this afghan girl but im pakistani, i was just wondering honestly, how do you guys view it, good or bad??? the things that stopping me is ethnic differences, i mean i know pakistan and afghanistan arent on good terms but i've got a great few friends who are all afghan, but in terms of dating an afghani girl, is out of of question?
Ethnicity shouldn't be big a deal when it comes to being with somebody that you want to be with. I know a few Pakistanis that have white, black and Arab partners. Sometimes it can be a big deal for the family but that's because they come from a different time and place. If you want to be with her then go for it. Don't miss out on an opportunity for the sake of social conventions which don't really mean anything anyway.
Reply 2
It depends if she's hazara or something else or farsiwan might be easier if she's Pashtun and you're ethnically Punjabi? Very very slim chance to zero seeing as the vast majority of Pashtuns are a very close tight knit community and most Afghans are ethnically Pashtun so it really does depend. If you're Pashtun but nationality wise Pakistani you're ethnically Afghan and shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. Wish you the best bro!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I wish you the best. Don't let judgemental comments get to your head.

Quick Reply

Latest