The Student Room Group

Confused between King Edward Camp Hill Girls vs Stratford Grammar Schools

Can some one help me decide 11+ plus school - my daughter has been offered a place in King Edwards Camp Hill Girls but I am confused weather to accept it or not or go for Stratford Grammar School for Girls? I don’t live closer to any of the school and would need to relocate anyway.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ps Tiwari
Can some one help me, please - my daughter has been offered a place in King Edwards Camp Hill Girls but I am confused weather to accept it or not or go for Stratford Grammar School for Girls? I don’t live closer to any of the school and would need to relocate anyway.

I go to KEVI Camp Hill Girls, so if you have any questions about that specifically, I can answer them for you.
Reply 2
Thanks for your quick reply
How do you find the school? Are there students from different Ethnicity? Heard it’s dominated by Asian ethnicity - mainly India and Pakistan?
Thanks for your quick reply
How do you find the school? Are there students from different Ethnicity? Heard it’s dominated by Asian ethnicity - mainly India and Pakistan?

I personally find the school great, theres great support and resources for students. it'll be easier if you message me any other questions you have?
Can some one help me decide 11+ plus school - my daughter has been offered a place in King Edwards Camp Hill Girls but I am confused weather to accept it or not or go for Stratford Grammar School for Girls? I don’t live closer to any of the school and would need to relocate anyway.

I am in my last year of college at Camp Hill. I could answer any questions you might have. I have siblings which go to the Stratford Grammar schools so I have an experience of both.
Reply 5
Original post by strawberry192
I am in my last year of college at Camp Hill. I could answer any questions you might have. I have siblings which go to the Stratford Grammar schools so I have an experience of both.

Thank you for your reply. Which school in your opinion is better then the other? What is the difference between camp girls and Stratford girls grammar.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for your reply. Which school in your opinion is better then the other? What is the difference between camp girls and Stratford girls grammar.

In my opinion both schools are very good but some aspect in one school are better than those in the other. For example, the facilities at camp hill are better I think whereas the pastoral support and teacher approachability is better at Stratford Grammar. Both schools are exceptional but it depends on your daughter’s attitude to learning and ability to withstand pressure. Camp hill is much more competitive and there is more of a pressure to perform at your best at all times whereas Stratford is more ‘chill’ and the atmosphere is not unlike a normal state school in terms of pressure. If she works best in challenges and doesn’t mind a bit of competition then Camp Hill would suit her well. Though all grammar schools have competition as the best in the country are all grouped together, I feel in Stratford the competition is not focused on as much. At the end of the day whichever one she likes better should be the better choice (as a side note camp hill is also very sports focused so she shouldn’t hate running like I did lol)
If you have any other specific questions don’t hesitate to ask 😊
Reply 8
In my opinion both schools are very good but some aspect in one school are better than those in the other. For example, the facilities at camp hill are better I think whereas the pastoral support and teacher approachability is better at Stratford Grammar. Both schools are exceptional but it depends on your daughter’s attitude to learning and ability to withstand pressure. Camp hill is much more competitive and there is more of a pressure to perform at your best at all times whereas Stratford is more ‘chill’ and the atmosphere is not unlike a normal state school in terms of pressure. If she works best in challenges and doesn’t mind a bit of competition then Camp Hill would suit her well. Though all grammar schools have competition as the best in the country are all grouped together, I feel in Stratford the competition is not focused on as much. At the end of the day whichever one she likes better should be the better choice (as a side note camp hill is also very sports focused so she shouldn’t hate running like I did lol)

Thank you so much 😊 really appreciate your output! For some reason I am unable to send private messages 😕
Reply 9
Is there a good mix of students from different ethnicity in Camphill girls?
Is there a good mix of students from different ethnicity in Camphill girls?

In camp hill there’s definitely a good mix. In fact most classes have more asian students in them. Stratford is majority white students but also has Asian students as well but not as many as camp hill. Camp hill is definitely very diverse.
Reply 11
In camp hill there’s definitely a good mix. In fact most classes have more asian students in them. Stratford is majority white students but also has Asian students as well but not as many as camp hill. Camp hill is definitely very diverse.

Thank you so much.
I couldn’t find Oxbridge intake deatails 2021 for Camp Hill Girls on their website, it is only telling me how many applications were made but not telling how many girls got an offer from Oxford or Cambridge. Where as Stratford says 10% of its students got an offer from Oxbridge.
Thank you so much.
I couldn’t find Oxbridge intake deatails 2021 for Camp Hill Girls on their website, it is only telling me how many applications were made but not telling how many girls got an offer from Oxford or Cambridge. Where as Stratford says 10% of its students got an offer from Oxbridge.

I know there are quite a few applicants from my cohort who have applied to Oxbridge but I think the offer figures haven’t been put up yet as not all offers have been made at the moment. We still have until May to get offers so it will be a while till they are put on the website.

Hi , What did you finally decide , i have same confusion which of the two is better and which has better A level university destinations
Reply 14
Original post by rahulbsp
Hi , What did you finally decide , i have same confusion which of the two is better and which has better A level university destinations

Same issue here, it'll be great to hear some responses from your experience and the decisions taken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending