The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Even though you're a troll I still feel compelled to say that the UK has lovely medieval cities, Bath, York, Oxford, Edinburgh etc. Most countries in Europe also have disgusting industrial turds like Manchester and Birmingham.
Reply 2
Every European country has beautiful cities and bad looking ones...

Here's Edinburgh. Looks pretty nice no?
Original post by MrDystopia

Here's York too.

Erm that's Edinburgh?
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
Erm that's Edinburgh?

Yeah I noticed my error :tongue:
What's wrong with the picture of York?
Reply 7
Even though you're a troll I still feel compelled to say that the UK has lovely medieval cities, Bath, York, Oxford, Edinburgh etc. Most cities in Europe also have disgusting industrial turds like Manchester and Birmingham.

I have been to all those cities. York is terrible and full of backward farmers and aspiring snobs. Oxford is one urban mess. The University buildings are choking amid all the petrol fumes. They need a good painting/blasting with water

Bath also looks terrible. No color or vibrancy.

Europe's best cities are better than the UK's best cities.
Even though you're a troll I still feel compelled to say that the UK has lovely medieval cities, Bath, York, Oxford, Edinburgh etc. Most countries in Europe also have disgusting industrial turds like Manchester and Birmingham.

Excuse me? U wot m8?! You wanna get it started?!

:tongue:

Anyway, yeah OP takes random Christmas card looking cities then puts a grim photo up to prove "her" point. :nah: No need for pictures, UK and every other country have their ****ty and beautiful places :yep:
Reply 9
Original post by futbol
Every European country has beautiful cities and bad looking ones...

Europe's best cities are better than the UK's best cities.
Reply 10
Funnily enough you have more cities to choose from if you're coming from the European standpoint...
I don't think so, i mean for example istanbul looks horrible if it counts.
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Excuse me? U wot m8?! You wanna get it started?!

:tongue:

:tongue: sorry
Original post by AlphaNick
everywherelooks **** compard to china

China has beautiful districts. Learn a little.
learn a little? i've been to china mate, have you?

Ok where have you been? Wait, no need to ask, you can name any place. :rolleyes:
I went to Beijing

here's a photo I took if you need proof

I don't need proof pix mate nor did I want them. My argument is you completely **** on Chinese cities when there are beautiful Chinese cities. I don't need to go, it's called Google Maps. :lol: No ****ing seriously, it's called...Google Maps.

Hold on I read it wrong, you said everywhere looks **** compared to China, I thought you said everywhere in China looks ****.

:getmecoat:
(edited 9 years ago)
I went to Beijing

here's a photo I took if you need proof

That place goes on forever, I thought it was never going to end.
please dont smoke weed again, spare TSR your madness

I literally just said I read it wrong, no need to get sassy :rolleyes: I could've kept on an argument with you but I instead took a chance and decided to be an adult and point out I did something wrong, and for what? For ****ing Pinnochio over here. :facepalm:
There are some ugly places in the UK (Luton comes to mind, Coventry, Hull) sure enough, and in some parts of Europe some unattractive cities as well (most of Brussels for example). We do have a lot less graffiti than many parts of Europe as well.

What does look terrible compared to many parts of Europe is the proportion of overweight or obese people and the lack of style/fashion.
Reply 19
Original post by Miss Posh
I have been to all those cities. York is terrible and full of backward farmers and aspiring snobs

It's a city not a hamlet - a few farmers live in the surrounding villages but that's about it - and evidence for the other two?

Perhaps you might consider this photo a little more flattering...
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest