The Student Room Group

Anjem Choudary and double standards abounding.

Why is this guy allowed to stand up at a 'peaceful' protest and shoot his mouth off with phrases such as 'Whoever insults the message of Mohammed is going to be subject to capital punishment'?.

Another fantastic quote: 'The Muslims take their religion very seriously and non-muslims must appreciate that and they must also understand that there may be very serious consequences if you insult Islam'.

So, we must tolerate and respect Islam...if we don't, Islam will not tolerate it and attempt to kill us...right, I understand you now Mr. Choudary...

Tell me, if I had stood up and said 'Muslims must understand we take our culture very seriously and Muslims must appreciate that, they must understand that there may be very serious consequences if you insult Britain', what would have happened? I would have been arrested of course!

Why do we live in a system with one rule for one group, and another rule for another? Why are Muslims allowed to be intolerant and inciteful, but not any other group?
Anjem Choudary is not a spokesperson for Islam. i've seen him interviewed before and he's a complete douche.

If he tries to promote violence he should be arrested.
Is there any reason why there had to be a brand new thread for this?
Reply 3
The thought occurs that being Muslim is a choice, whereas being from a different country is not (for, no doubt, the 'other groups' you are referring to are your BNP bum-chums).

So it should be totally allowed to tell somebody they're wrong for being non-Muslim, but it shouldn't be allowed to tell them they're wrong for being foreign.

That said, incitement to violence is still incitement to violence, and I'm sure the CPS is investigating.
Reply 4
alasdair_R
The thought occurs that being Muslim is a choice, whereas being from a different country is not (for, no doubt, the 'other groups' you are referring to are your BNP bum-chums).

So it should be totally allowed to tell somebody they're wrong for being non-Muslim, but it shouldn't be allowed to tell them they're wrong for being foreign.

That said, incitement to violence is still incitement to violence, and I'm sure the CPS is investigating.

No, the other groups are actually anyone who isn't Muslim. That you typify anyone with a problem with this as a BNP member says alot about your intelligence. My point is why should they be allowed to incite hatred, and no-one else? You ****ing moron. And I'm sure the CPS aren't investigating.

I love your 'reasoning'...what a joke. They weren't telling people they are wrong for not being Muslim...they were threatening people because they are not muslims. That is totally different. Then again, you will justify anything, any excess if it gives you a chance to rail at the 'evil' west. We truly are terrible people for defending ourselves against psychotic zealots...

Indeed, if you have a problem with violent fanatics...you are a racist. Once again, you are a moron.
Reply 5
Tony Blair speaks more for me than Anjem Choudary will ever will. This guy is a known prat but you had the need to quote him in order to incite further islamophobia on this board.

A lot of peolple on here are misguided and often spout rubbish about Islam after reading the Daily Mail or The Sun. If you actually bother to go to just a couple of lectures or sermons out of the 100's that take place in this country every year you may learn something.
alasdair_R

i love the way that whenever someone starts a thread of TSR about Islam that PC people dont like, straight away the person in question is a BNP member or sympathiser. Its really quite pathetic recently. Not everyone is so quick to bow down to every Islam extremist
... and in that statement may be found the cause of many of the world's sorrows.

If you don't appreciate the crushing irony of what you've just posted, you have my sympathy.
Reply 8
watford110
Tony Blair speaks more for me than Anjem Choudary will ever will. This guy is a known prat but you had the need to quote him in order to incite further islamophobia on this board.

A lot of peolple on here are misguided and often spout rubbish about Islam after reading the Daily Mail or The Sun. If you actually bother to go to just a couple of lectures or sermons out of the 100's that take place in this country every year you may learn something.

I said nothing about Islam...

I was asking why he is allowed to get away with it? You just said he doesn't speak for you (which I never actually suggested), so why do you then take this as an offence against the entirety of Islam...if indeed he doesn't speak for you?

I quoted him, so that I could ask why he is allowed to say this sort of thing, given what we call 'incitement'?
Reply 9
alasdair_R

And, on a side note, why do you assume any other group would be attacking foreigners? What about Christians and abortion, homophobes and homosexuals, those that are anti-EU...why would any other given group be attacking foreigners?

You do know this guy supports the execution of homosexuals right?

Yeah, the CPS did investigate...and decided not to do anything. Just like the policeman that stood by whilst he and his friend Izzadeen(??) spouted tripe about 'Muslim areas' at John Reid. If they hadn't been Islamic, they would have been frogmarched out the door by the ear.

Latest

Trending

Trending