The Student Room Group

Student Finance, full time single parent?

Hello :smile:,

I'm hoping to get to university next year 2015/2016 and I have done a lot of research into finance etc. with me having an 8 month old it isn't easy.
I won't be able to go to hall of residence and all the universities that offer family accommodation don't offer the course that I'm wanting to study (early years with QTS) so I will have to private rent which I'm already doing so isn't really a problem.

BUT I wont be able to afford the admin fees, months rent in advance and bond etc ... is there any way student finance can help with this? I'm already saving for it now but with Christmas and my little girl's birthday coming up it's not going to be easy. I may have around £250-£300 by August 2015.

So yeah ... could student finance help me out with this? Like a bursary, scholarships etc?

thank you!
They won't, I'm afraid. :frown: Your local council should have a scheme in place for deposits.
Reply 2
I think that there may be things which you can apply for try using this- https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending