The Student Room Group

Student grants

I’m a single parent how do I apply for grant to help with the course cost
Original post by Samxx22
I’m a single parent how do I apply for grant to help with the course cost

Hi Sam,

Is your course full time or part time? Is your course undergraduate? Do you have any dependents?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Sam,

Is your course full time or part time? Is your course undergraduate? Do you have any dependents?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi it will be a full time undergraduate course and yes I have 2 dependants aged 11 and 14
Thanks
Original post by Samxx22
Hi it will be a full time undergraduate course and yes I have 2 dependants aged 11 and 14
Thanks

On the application it will ask you if you have children and how many. The form will ask you if you wish to apply for Parents Learning Allowance, Childcare, if you said yes to these we would automatically assess you for them when we receive the child evidence which is a copy of the birth certificates and copy of your up to date tax credit letter or child benefit letter or universal credit letter.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
On the application it will ask you if you have children and how many. The form will ask you if you wish to apply for Parents Learning Allowance, Childcare, if you said yes to these we would automatically assess you for them when we receive the child evidence which is a copy of the birth certificates and copy of your up to date tax credit letter or child benefit letter or universal credit letter.

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks for your reply.
I didn’t see those questions when I filled in my course application yesterday is this where it should say it or something else?
Thanks Sam
Original post by Samxx22
Thanks for your reply.
I didn’t see those questions when I filled in my course application yesterday is this where it should say it or something else?
Thanks Sam

Hi Sam, We can check that you have applied correctly for all funding, please contact us direct.You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending