The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Applicants 2015 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by SylMM
Hello Everyone. I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Art my predictions are A*A*A*A pressure :frown: I've applied to Oxford (St Johns), UCL, Imperial, Kings and York. Got an offer from York!!! (AAA) :smile:))) Anybody hear yet from imperial?

I'm also applying for Biochemistry at UCL and Imperial (Also Cambridge, Bristol and Bath)! I got offers from UCL and Bath, but only an 'Ad-hoc' (??) email from Imperial acknowledging my application, which came in about a month after I applied... I imagine it'll probably take a while till they give out offers..
Reply 181
Original post by Mini_me
Anyone else going to the Bath visit day on the 19th?

Yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
for those who got offers from ucl / kings, did you get anything through their portal thing?
Original post by SylMM
Hello Everyone. I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Art my predictions are A*A*A*A pressure :frown: I've applied to Oxford (St Johns), UCL, Imperial, Kings and York. Got an offer from York!!! (AAA) :smile:))) Anybody hear yet from imperial?

Nice predictions!! :biggrin: I've applied to Oxford St John's too! and Imperial - Do you know if they interview??
Original post by BethFirmin
Is anyone else going to the Sheffield departmental open day and interview on the 20th? :smile:

I am! I've applied for the Biochem with molecular cell biology masters :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Original post by smartiesfive-0
I am! I've applied for the Biochem with molecular cell biology masters :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Awesome! I applied for the Biochemistry and Genetics masters. :smile:

I've also applied to Oxford (Wadham college), Imperial College London, York and Bath (got an offer of AAB). How about you?
Original post by STUdentsDYing
for those who got offers from ucl / kings, did you get anything through their portal thing?

I had an email from UCAS first :smile:
Original post by BethFirmin
Awesome! I applied for the Biochemistry and Genetics masters. :smile:

I've also applied to Oxford (Wadham college), Imperial College London, York and Bath (got an offer of AAB). How about you?

Very nice! :biggrin:

I've also applied to Oxford (St John's), Imperial, Southampton and Nottingham. I've got an interview at southampton and AAB offer from Nottingham :smile:

Have you heard anything from Imperial??
Original post by smartiesfive-0
Very nice! :biggrin:

I've also applied to Oxford (St John's), Imperial, Southampton and Nottingham. I've got an interview at southampton and AAB offer from Nottingham :smile:

Have you heard anything from Imperial??

Congrats on your offer and interview. :smile: All I've had from Imperial is an acknowledgement so far. How about you?
Original post by sadieh986
I had an email from UCAS first :smile:

was that an email stating that track had been updated?

thanks btw!:smile:
Original post by STUdentsDYing
was that an email stating that track had been updated?

thanks btw!:smile:

No worries! And yeah it was a status update.. Hope you hear soon! Fingers crossed :biggrin:
just got an offer from imperia for biochemistry with a research year :smile: AAA
(edited 9 years ago)
Received a conditional offer from Surrey today (AAB) absolutely buzzing because it's also my birthday today so it was perfect timing haha! 😃
Already had an offer from Bath (AAB), still waiting on Bristol, York and Oxford 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadieh986
No worries! And yeah it was a status update.. Hope you hear soon! Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Ooh okay thank you!! Haha me too :smile: good luck to you too for everything!
I've applied to Kings, Queen Mary, Surrey, Manchester and Kent :biggrin: I'm just waiting for my school to send my UCAS off. Hopefully on Monday :redface:
Reply 195
Hello! :biggrin:
I've already applied to York, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Liverpool. So far I've had acknowledgements from Cardiff, Liverpool and York, as well as an interview for Manchester (really nervous). Nothing from Birmingham yet, though. :s-smilie:
Original post by Rando
Hello! :biggrin:
I've already applied to York, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Liverpool. So far I've had acknowledgements from Cardiff, Liverpool and York, as well as an interview for Manchester (really nervous). Nothing from Birmingham yet, though. :s-smilie:

I've had an interview from Manchester,it's really laid back. Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by catrinakenyon
I've had an interview from Manchester,it's really laid back. Don't worry about it :smile:

Do you have any advice on how to calm yourself down before an interview? I have a horrible habit of mumbling when I'm nervous. :P
Original post by Rando
Do you have any advice on how to calm yourself down before an interview? I have a horrible habit of mumbling when I'm nervous. :P

Well you'll be put into groups and you'll have a one on one interview. There's no academic tests, they'll just ask what you've put on your personal statement. It's only 20 minutes and a lot of it I asked him questions. I stress out a lot and I lost track with what I was saying, but it's really fine. Just don't think too much into it, to get an interview means that they want you :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by catrinakenyon
Well you'll be put into groups and you'll have a one on one interview. There's no academic tests, they'll just ask what you've put on your personal statement. It's only 20 minutes and a lot of it I asked him questions. I stress out a lot and I lost track with what I was saying, but it's really fine. Just don't think too much into it, to get an interview means that they want you :smile:

Thanks very much! That's great advice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending