The Student Room Group

BIOTRAX.. worth it?

http://www.biotrax.com/home.php

Is it worth paying £25 to join for a year? I think it is, because it looks like you can easily earn it back by taking part in trials, mystery shopping, extra work, and studies, but am I just being too hopeful? I dont wanna fork out the £25 and find it's rubbish! Will there be studies advertised at uni anyway? or would it be more worthwhile joining this thing and being able to find ones in london and stuff as well, when they pay your travel expenses, and ones you can take part in at home?
Reply 1
Bump!

I want to know as well. I've been toying with the idea for a while. I don't think I would too optimistic and expect millions back but a little bit would be helpful. I'd like to hear from someone else who has taken part in Biotrax or something similar before I commit. I don't care what websites say, I'd rather trust the word of someone who's been involved.

I think I would make a good medical experiment.
Reply 2
Errr. I wouldn't touch that with a big long barge pole.
Reply 3
No.

I've done mystery shopping with other companies withoout having to pay a registration fee, and I'm thinking about doing medical trials somewhere else too. And you've just reminded me I have to phone them at 1pm today, so you can have rep!
Reply 4

If you're female, over 18 and can be in london tomorrow, a company is screening for a trial then. You need to phone 0207 9107777 before 3pm. The actual trial is in october. I don't know any more details as i cant do the dates.
Reply 5
^ Thanks, for the rep and for the trial details! I cant be in London tomorrow, unfortunately.. How did you hear of it? I was going to use this biotrax thing as a porthole to tell me when trials were on, and what they were about, because I don't know how else to find out about them!
Reply 6
I saw an advert on the london underground for their website but I can't remember it now, and they left me a voicemail telling me to call them about a possible trial.

Save that number, as they are a reputable company and pay well. That's the only trial they currently have for women (unless you're post-menopausal or surgically sterilised), but the woman said they'd have more soon. You can only phone them between 2 and 3 though.
They have a lot of trials for men though, so try and persuade a friend (and then charge them 10% of the money they get as "commission")
Reply 7
^ Tis saved! How often are you gonna call them? I dont want to miss out on something really good, but at the same time there's probably not much point calling every day! :P

Commission sounds good..start a mini company in my house at uni!!! Lol
Reply 8
Well, call them soon to register, and then hopefully they'll contact you if they get anything suitable.

Or if you register on their website they should contact you from that

You could also try Trials 4 us who recently offerred £100 if you let them take your wisdom teeth out

Latest

Trending

Trending