The Student Room Group

gym??

hi!!
i'm in year 11 and im currently trying to figure out the best way to organise my schedule and activities around my studies.
theres a gym about 20 minutes walk from my house (10 maximum by bike or car) and i was thinking of signing up with my friends. i would go for about an hour around twice or three times a week, does anyone think this is do able and worth it?? thank you all so much for any advice
Yes, Three times a week and an hour of exercise is a good. Just be consistent in your routine, that's really important. Consistency and discipline. It will be worth it!
Reply 2
thank you :smile:
Original post by Tilda:)
hi!!
i'm in year 11 and im currently trying to figure out the best way to organise my schedule and activities around my studies.
theres a gym about 20 minutes walk from my house (10 maximum by bike or car) and i was thinking of signing up with my friends. i would go for about an hour around twice or three times a week, does anyone think this is do able and worth it?? thank you all so much for any advice

Hi
As a year 11 lad ik its hard to fit around studying and stuff, (i also have to walk). My advice would be to study first then go to the gym as then its out of the way and you can focus. its definitely worth going 3 times a week, but i imagine you will start going more when you realise how fun it is with your mates. singing and dancing in the gym with my mates is the highlight of my week haha and im sure it will become yours.
Reply 4
Original post by alexanderh0211
Hi
As a year 11 lad ik its hard to fit around studying and stuff, (i also have to walk). My advice would be to study first then go to the gym as then its out of the way and you can focus. its definitely worth going 3 times a week, but i imagine you will start going more when you realise how fun it is with your mates. singing and dancing in the gym with my mates is the highlight of my week haha and im sure it will become yours.

thank you so much for your advice!! good luck with your exams, im sure your going to smash them!
thank you so much for your advice!! good luck with your exams, im sure your going to smash them!

haha thanks we will see, lmk if u need any other advice
Reply 6
Original post by alexanderh0211
haha thanks we will see, lmk if u need any other advice

thank yoooouuuuu
hi!!

Yes and defo worth it. Itll also be good for your mental health especially around exam stress etc.

Just check if the gym has an age limit as some I know are 16+ But Ive seen others being 18+
hi!!

Doing something for your health is really worth it and with a good adapted schedule it is possible to learn for your studies and to train in a gym. Even students close to their exams do this, I see some of them there. And if they can do it, you can do it too.

Quick Reply

Latest