The Student Room Group

Change of circumstances reported by university

Before anyone says, yes I have phoned both student finance and chased my university about this but I'm still waiting replies and seeking a little reassurance right now.

Some background, I'm on a four year course and having just completed my placement have returned to my university for my final year. I sent my application and it was approved for 2014/2015 funding however,

today I received a letter from student finance saying they have received notification that I need to repeat part of my course. They've had no such information from me so on phoning them I was told this had come from my university.

If I can't sort this, have I now technically lost my funding for this year as they're asking me to send a declaration form back explaining why I'm repeating a year? (when I'm not to my knowledge!)

Money is tight enough as it is without having to worry about something that hasn't even come from me. :/

I am waiting a reply from my university about why this is happened but yeah, very worried and stressed right now.
your university has probably told them you are in year 3 and SF haven't realised it's a sandwich course. Don't worry you'll get the money if this is the first course you have done/ you haven't had more than 4 years funding counting this year.

Next time you phone SF ask them if, for example, you should return the form saying it's not a resit, it's a sandwich course.
Reply 2
Original post by parentlurker
your university has probably told them you are in year 3 and SF haven't realised it's a sandwich course. Don't worry you'll get the money if this is the first course you have done/ you haven't had more than 4 years funding counting this year.

Next time you phone SF ask them if, for example, you should return the form saying it's not a resit, it's a sandwich course.

Thank you kindly for the response. I'll wait for what my university has actually said and then chase it up again with SF.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending