The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chianti1
I reached the TC interview stage. My personal statement started by outlining my interest in commercial law. The majority of the statement I spent writing about my skills, how I had demonstrated them and how they could add value to Freshfields specifically. I mentioned a few of their recent cases at relevant points.

My interviewers seemed particularly interested in my commercial work experience so I'd drawn attention to that in your personal statement, if possible.

Thank you so much for your help! I will try and do exactly this. I know this may be quite cheeky but would you mind looking over it (once I've completed it), I wouldn't mind returning the favour? Would like as many eyes over it as possible. if not no worries and thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Any tips for hill Dickinson video interview?
Original post by mkhan9035
Does anyone know the average wait time for a response from Wragge's? I've done the SJT (which I probably failed anyway) but any ideas? Thanks.

was asked to do the vrt 3 days after i did the sjt :smile:
PFO from KWM
Original post by mrinvinicble
Any tips for hill Dickinson video interview?

Don't wear trousers, it will give you the psychological advantage of knowing you're sitting there bare-legged and they aren't.....but don't stand up. If you do....game over man, game well and truly over!

Go get 'em!
Original post by Chianti1
I reached the TC interview stage. My personal statement started by outlining my interest in commercial law. The majority of the statement I spent writing about my skills, how I had demonstrated them and how they could add value to Freshfields specifically. I mentioned a few of their recent cases at relevant points.

My interviewers seemed particularly interested in my commercial work experience so I'd drawn attention to that in your personal statement, if possible.

could you please elaborate on what sort of commercial work experience did you have which they found interesting?

Thank you :smile:
Is anyone applying to Ashurst and have heard back? It doesn't seem very popular this year...
Original post by bubbles2993
Is anyone applying to Ashurst and have heard back? It doesn't seem very popular this year...

I've also applied. I've not received anything except the standard email confirming receipt of my application.
Hi guys how long does it take to receive Wragges SJT after submitting application. Its now the third day and I haven't heard from them??
Reply 789
'Please use this space for additional information about your undergraduate degree' - do we have to write something here? I didnt do a dissertation so I'm not sure what else to include.
Original post by ap28
'Please use this space for additional information about your undergraduate degree' - do we have to write something here? I didnt do a dissertation so I'm not sure what else to include.

I think that's meant for exceptional circumstances, etc., so if you've taken a year off, for example, you could explain why.
Reply 791
Original post by arina162
I think that's meant for exceptional circumstances, etc., so if you've taken a year off, for example, you could explain why.

Oh ok. Thanks!
Reply 792
Original post by ap28
Oh ok. Thanks!

I have written about my other experiences, pro bono, societies I am involved in and interests. It's a free space so I took it as an opportunity to add in as much relevant info as possible.
Original post by lawyer2bb
Thank you so much for your help! I will try and do exactly this. I know this may be quite cheeky but would you mind looking over it (once I've completed it), I wouldn't mind returning the favour? Would like as many eyes over it as possible. if not no worries and thanks

Sure. Feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by samantha.1991
could you please elaborate on what sort of commercial work experience did you have which they found interesting?

Thank you :smile:

A placement year, as part of my degree, working in commercial banking. A long term part time job at a building society and a role as a Legal Assistant at a record label :smile:
It was really hard. A lot of the responses seemed important to me and to rank them was horrible :/

I just got a reply. I passed! Now need to complete a CRT. Have you heard back?
Original post by lawyer2bb
Hi guys how long does it take to receive Wragges SJT after submitting application. Its now the third day and I haven't heard from them??

They will reply at some point. mine took about 3 days too! I just got my rejection now aha :L Oh well, on to the next application.
Original post by Lawyer_Up
I just got a reply. I passed! Now need to complete a CRT. Have you heard back?

Congrats! Unfortunately I got rejected :P But it's okay, gonna just have to keep trying harder elsewhere :smile:
Congrats! Unfortunately I got rejected :P But it's okay, gonna just have to keep trying harder elsewhere :smile:

Thanks. Sheeeeeeiit man, never mind. There are loads that don't ask for that, its only the second Firm out of the 10 I've applied to that has.
Reply 799
Hey, for 'describe an event which has recently been in the news and explain why this has been of interest to you', should I not mention how the event will affect the firm at all??? I'm struggling to elaborate and explain why the event is of interest to me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending