The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For moi, food. DEFFO.
But then again I'm a pig.

Normal people like the cinema, coffee, park, etc.
rockthecasbah
For moi, food. DEFFO.
But then again I'm a pig.

Normal people like the cinema, coffee, park, etc.

Well if the aim is to show them you're not 'normal', don't go for one of these options :rolleyes:
Profesh
The cinema is for moribund imbeciles, who are incapable of conversation and will do everything in their power to distract from an apprehension of that fact.

Choose a venue which complements discourse without being inducive to claustrophobia.

Is this really correct use of the word moribund? I severely doubt it.
Reply 23
J'en ai marre
Is this really correct use of the word moribund? I severely doubt it.

If he was referring to terminally ill people then sure it is.

Bizarre use I agree, probably meant along the lines of lacking creativity or joie de vivre
Hi I'm Profesh.

Incredulus blatheringiumium swillig dodecahedrus!
The_Bear
Probably because OPs girlfriend comes on here and will think he is a right loser if he is asking internet friends for date advice.

It's a "first date".
Reply 26

Shouldve been a space between girl and friend, pedant :p:
Sazarina88
I'd say it depends on how well you know the person. E.g. If I was going on a date with someone I already knew as a friend, I'd know what kinda things they'd like and dislike.

I'm not really bothered about going to fancy places on a date, just somewhere that we can both have fun. Cinemas = no no, can't talk properly. Restaurants = no no most of the time, too self conscious about the way I eat.

Fun places are good.

When's the last time you had a crazily fun tickle- & popcorn- fight during a serious movie?
Ron Stoppable
When's the last time you had a crazily fun tickle- & popcorn- fight during a serious movie?

We can't waste good popcorn! Ok maybe the crappy little bits at the bottom.
Reply 29
Dunno about first dates but most of the best dates are when you go to like a theme park or a fair. On a first date you really wanna get to know them though so I dunno how good the cinema would be, I've done a picnic before and it worked really well.
Reply 30
Salsa dancing.
Reply 31
bowlings cool, espesialy if youre not being rushed like some places do. if you run out of things to say you can play instead :p:
Rossi82
Salsa dancing.

No - too many different partners.
Reply 33
first dates are quite important, I think. they always are to me, anyway, as it's the first time you're going out together (obviously) so it should be really memorable. I remember my favourite first date was the cinema, although only because I really liked the guy I was going with, and we both snuck out 'cause the film was rubbish...anyway, the cinema really isn't a good idea, tbh, because like other people have said you can't talk and get to know each other, which is what a date is all about, really. And some girls see it as a way of going out with them without actually talking to them, which they don't like. Other memorable dates for me, not first dates but ideal ones, are going ice-skating (especially if you can't, like me!), fairgrounds (my favourite date place ever). I guess it depends on how much you have, or want to spend. Maybe take her to a gig or something, not necessarily to see a well-known band, but undiscovered, local talent? I love those too!
Hope this helps and that you have fun wherever you decide to go! :smile:
If you have a PPL, take her for a flight. It's fun, personal, you can talk all the time, unforgettable experience, and if you get frisky it's not as dangerous as in the car as you don't have to keep steering all the time.
Reply 35
A movie is good as long as you have dinner or a drink beforehand. It shouldn't be all you do but it's a nice way of spending time with someone and getting comfortable around them without talking. It's a little cliched, but it tends to go well for me. I find dinner on it's own can be a bit scary for the girl if it's someone you don't know well.

Coffee and a walk in the park is nice.

Other than that, something exciting and a little exclusive. A football match if she's into football, or the theatre - something you have to get tickets in advance for. It shows you're making an effort.
Reply 36
Shreerac1
Hi I'm Profesh.

Incredulus blatheringiumium swillig dodecahedrus!

Hello, I'm 'Shreerac1':

Wait; who?
Reply 37
jd27
Other than that, something exciting and a little exclusive. A football match if she's into football, or the theatre - something you have to get tickets in advance for. It shows you're making an effort.

I brought her an apple; which, alongside several others, had been purchased in advance.
Ice skating is great! Helps you break the ice!

(Sorry)
Although I have never went dating before, but I think these are the 3 places that can be taken into your consideration :wink: :
A packed restaurant (to make it less intimidating)
An amusement park! (to make it very exciting!)
Probably the beach... (its a romantic spot!)

Latest

Trending

Trending