The Student Room Group

veterinary degree

Hi guys

I graduated university last year with a bachelor's honours degree in audio technology with multimedia. However after reading up on how much a postgraduate audiology course will cost I have changed my career path and would like to do my childhood dream of becoming a vet. However will I be able to do another undergraduate degree and sit my biology GCSE again as my first grade at school wasn't great or would I have enough credits as I have a BSC which is science based. Any help would be great.

:smile:
Original post by wkdside
Hi guys

I graduated university last year with a bachelor's honours degree in audio technology with multimedia. However after reading up on how much a postgraduate audiology course will cost I have changed my career path and would like to do my childhood dream of becoming a vet. However will I be able to do another undergraduate degree and sit my biology GCSE again as my first grade at school wasn't great or would I have enough credits as I have a BSC which is science based. Any help would be great.

:smile:

Vetmed will cost a lot more than audiology (£20,000 a year at least), and I don't think you're entitled to any loans as you already have a degree.

Your degree isn't in a biological science so it won't be considered relevant for vetmed. To stand any chance of being admitted you will need five A-grade GCSEs including biology and chemistry, A levels in biology and chemistry and a ton of work experience. You could study in Poland/Slovakia/Romania where the entry requirements aren't as strict.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending