The Student Room Group

Please give me advice!!

Hi there! Ok last year I got CCC at As, with very limited work (I'm quite embarrassed) I have been predicted BBC but I know I can achieve atleast BBB if not higher. (I am retaking a lot of exams, getting extra tuition and actually going to work this year.) I am considering applying to Liverpool university for 2015 entry and wanted to know if they would give me a conditional offer? The course is business economics (ABB) even though I got horrific grades last year.
Thankyou for any advice in advance
Reply 1
If you ask your reference to include the fact that you are doing resits and have a really good PS with work experience or something like that then yes, apply to maybe 1 high uni, 3 at your predicted grades and then 1 (that you still want to go to) low one
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
If you ask your reference to include the fact that you are doing resits and have a really good PS with work experience or something like that then yes, apply to maybe 1 high uni, 3 at your predicted grades and then 1 (that you still want to go to) low one

Thankyou, it's nice to have a second opinion:smile:
realistically no, they won't give you an offer as your predicted grades don't match their requirement and a lot of predictions are overstated. You can try and do adjustment or clearing if you get the grades or take a gap year and reapply.
Reply 4
Original post by parentlurker
realistically no, they won't give you an offer as your predicted grades don't match their requirement and a lot of predictions are overstated. You can try and do adjustment or clearing if you get the grades or take a gap year and reapply.

He might as well apply even if you think he will get rejections because if he does get rejections he will just do what you said but there is a chance he will get offers
Reply 5

Ok, I am fully anticipating a rejection, but I may aswell apply don't you think? I could be surprised if they like the rest of my application? I'm still unsure as to wether to apply haha
He might as well apply even if you think he will get rejections because if he does get rejections he will just do what you said but there is a chance he will get offers

in a different universe they may get offers, in this one it's so unlikely that it's a waste of an offer. But applicants who dont mind rejection can afford to waste one appication. Universities whose theoretical requirement matches your prediction do not have to give you offers if they get better applicants.
Reply 7
in a different universe they may get offers, in this one it's so unlikely that it's a waste of an offer. But applicants who dont mind rejection can afford to waste one appication. Universities whose theoretical requirement matches your prediction do not have to give you offers if they get better applicants.

No I have a friend who got EEDD and got an offer to a Russell Group uni of AAB
SO yes it is possible
Ah ***** ah posted in da wrong thread. ah'm so mad stupid Jus' like Orenthawl James
(edited 9 years ago)
No I have a friend who got EEDD and got an offer to a Russell Group uni of AAB
SO yes it is possible

Anyone can claim anything on the internet, doesnt mean it is true and some people like to post misleading information. In the unlikely event that this actually happened I would exect either a mistake by the university or a mature aplicant with a lot of interesting things post qualification or some extreme mitigating circumstances. If by some miracle you managed to get an offer you'd still need to get the grades to get a place.

I dont see the point in wasting applications.
Anyone can claim anything on the internet, doesnt mean it is true and some people like to post misleading information. In the unlikely event that this actually happened I would exect either a mistake by the university or a mature aplicant with a lot of interesting things post qualification or some extreme mitigating circumstances. If by some miracle you managed to get an offer you'd still need to get the grades to get a place.

I dont see the point in wasting applications.

He is 17 years old applying for entry in 2015 so yes anyone can claim anything but this is accurate if it helps anyone he got EEDD as well as a D in Critical Thinking

Thankyou everyone for your advice! For anyone in a similar situation - I got CCCU at AS level, applied for Liverpool (ABB) UEA (ABB) UWE (BBB) Swansea (BBB) and Coventry (BBC) and have received conditional offers for all!
Jack
Reply 12
Original post by JustJack997
Thankyou everyone for your advice! For anyone in a similar situation - I got CCCU at AS level, applied for Liverpool (ABB) UEA (ABB) UWE (BBB) Swansea (BBB) and Coventry (BBC) and have received conditional offers for all!
Jack

Well done! What conditions were Liverpool? :colondollar:
Original post by JustJack997
Jack

Congratulations:biggrin:

Now work your arse off to meet those offer grades!
Business Economics - ABB :smile:
Thankyou!! That's the plan haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending