The Student Room Group

AQA B English Literature essay help

I'm struggling a little bit with what to do for my essay. AO2 says 'Detailed analysis of language from the text showing consideration of the dramatic form and plot structure.'

I understand the analysis bit pretty much but how can that show 'consideration of the dramatic form and plot structure'? I'm doing A Midsummer Night's Dream btw Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Qaiys
I'm struggling a little bit with what to do for my essay. AO2 says 'Detailed analysis of language from the text showing consideration of the dramatic form and plot structure.'

I understand the analysis bit pretty much but how can that show 'consideration of the dramatic form and plot structure'? I'm doing A Midsummer Night's Dream btw Thanks! :smile:

You need to link the analysis back to the dramatic form and what happens in the play. So, instead of saying, 'Shakespeare subtly uses iambic pentameter to create a prosaic rhythm to the line', you ought to say, 'Shakespeare subtly uses iambic pentameter to create a natural prosaic rhythm to <character name>'s line, as if _____________'

So always be specific to the text, plot (what's happening) and the fact that this is a comedy - you want to show them that this language is used to enhance the fact that the play is a comedy.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by kingaaran
You need to link the analysis back to the dramatic form and what happens in the play. So, instead of saying, 'Shakespeare subtly uses iambic pentameter to create a prosaic rhythm to the line', you ought to say, 'Shakespeare subtly uses iambic pentameter to create a natural prosaic rhythm to <character name>'s line, as if _____________'

So always be specific to the text, plot (what's happening) and the fact that this is a comedy - you want to show them that this language is used to enhance the fact that the play is a comedy.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got it, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending