The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teddy Jones
I applied on October 15th. They send offers and interviews out in batches though.

ahhh, i applied november 14th. when did you find out?? hopefully i should find out soon enough, I've been so anxious!!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by Teddy Jones
I have! Have you?

Yeah I got an offer a few weeks ago I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meow96
Yeah I got an offer a few weeks ago I can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did you apply??
Reply 183
Original post by jimmycumming
when did you apply??

They received my application on the 1st December!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meow96
They received my application on the 1st December!

Posted from TSR Mobile

they received mine on the 10th of december, agh now I'm getting nervous :frown:
Reply 185

I wouldn't worry I've hardly found anyone who's got an offer so they've probably got a lot to still give out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi. Did anyone apply to journalism? I got an interview offer yesterday for the 27th of February, but they wanted me to go to London and since I'm in Berlin and it would be difficult to get there in such short time I sent them an email asking for a skype interview. They haven't replied yet... They also asked me to take a "piece of my work", but I really don't know what kind of thing should I send... Any advice?
I'm from even further away and will have to travel to London for the interview as well:s-smilie:. And I applied to two unis so double trouble if I get picked for CSM as well. All UK unis will do this and you need to present your work to them, that's why you have to be there. They want to see your work in person and your drawings, ideas, the way you think and work. That's how I understand it at least but please let us know about what they will say!

Don't worry! No news is good news. A friend of mine was declined so they must still be considering you! X
Reply 189
Original post by _dreamcatcher_
I'm from even further away and will have to travel to London for the interview as well:s-smilie:. And I applied to two unis so double trouble if I get picked for CSM as well. All UK unis will do this and you need to present your work to them, that's why you have to be there. They want to see your work in person and your drawings, ideas, the way you think and work. That's how I understand it at least but please let us know about what they will say!

How many projects and sketchbooks are you going to include in your lcf portfolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh that's the ultimate question I don't know the anwer to:frown:. Probably like 3-4 projects with larger accompanying illustrations for one, and research pages+sketchbook for my latest collection. The thing is I have book-like A3 size projects that I want to include so I hope that's not a problem since everything is presented there (idea, inspiration, sketches....) And I have no idea what they want to see in the portfolio - a presentation of your best works or research or a certain theme or a few really thought-through projects. I'm really nervous about this:s-smilie:
P.s. did you get your interview invitation by now?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Who else has had an offer for fashion marketing at LCF? Got my offer yesterday and getting abit over excited!!
Reply 192
Original post by _dreamcatcher_
Gosh that's the ultimate question I don't know the anwer to:frown:. Probably like 3-4 projects with larger accompanying illustrations for one, and research pages+sketchbook for my latest collection. The thing is I have book-like A3 size projects that I want to include so I hope that's not a problem since everything is presented there (idea, inspiration, sketches....) And I have no idea what they want to see in the portfolio - a presentation of your best works or research or a certain theme or a few really thought-through projects. I'm really nervous about this:s-smilie:
P.s. did you get your interview invitation by now?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, I'm so so nervous, I feel like I need to redo some of my work again! Yeah I've got my lcf interview but haven't got my csm Flickr request yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Has anyone had an offer for Buying and Merchandising yet?
Original post by Fawkes394
hi. Did anyone apply to journalism? I got an interview offer yesterday for the 27th of February, but they wanted me to go to London and since I'm in Berlin and it would be difficult to get there in such short time I sent them an email asking for a skype interview. They haven't replied yet... They also asked me to take a "piece of my work", but I really don't know what kind of thing should I send... Any advice?

Hi! I also got invited to an interview for Fashion Journalism and I think Im going to send the piece I wrote for CSM, basically an article on fashion. If not, you can send an academic piece eg. an english essayy??

Congratulations! xxxxx
Original post by HLx
Ah okay, I'm so so nervous, I feel like I need to redo some of my work again! Yeah I've got my lcf interview but haven't got my csm Flickr request yet :frown:

Same!!!:/ oh hope it comes soon if not you should contact them:/. Goshhh and what are you putting in your portfolio?
Original post by JKDRSCLL
gah I'm getting so nervous now, I sent off my Photography portfolio for Fashion Photography a month a go and the interviews are in 3 weeks and havent heard from them :eek:

I've applied for fashion photography too and I'm in your same position :angry::angry:
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
Hi! I also got invited to an interview for Fashion Journalism and I think Im going to send the piece I wrote for CSM, basically an article on fashion. If not, you can send an academic piece eg. an english essayy??

Congratulations! xxxxx

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll do that, I'll see if I can come up with some sort of interesting article, otherwise I'll just send an essay.

Congratulations to you too! : )
Any body in the same boat as me and still waiting for Fashion Marketing? I sent my application off on the 10th of Jan.
Original post by AAgrace
Any body in the same boat as me and still waiting for Fashion Marketing? I sent my application off on the 10th of Jan.

Yeah I have applied for the that course, and still haven't heard anything back yet. I sent application off more-or-less the same time as you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending