The Student Room Group

Is it better to be classy or wealthy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Yeah dude
You're still team yeah dude, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah dude! :biggrin:
Lol at everyone choosing wealth money is everything eh?
Wealthy because then you can be classy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Come on now let's not lie to ourselves...we all know we would pick wealth any day.
Reply 24
Original post by nohomo
Come on team

I don't mean to be tedious but doesn't it depend on the extent of your wealth/class in each scenario?

E.g. I'd say intelligence gives you more class so if you were really wealthy but classless you might have an iq of 40. Also looks give you class so you might look awful if you were classless.

And you hear of stupid people with no class winning the lottery and blowing it on coke and alcohol so you might lose your wealth if you were classless

Whereas if you start poor but are really classy you should have the attributes needed to make money and have personal fulfilment.

I interpreted the question as: you stay who you already are, except either your wealth significantly increases, or your class significantly increases.

If choosing wealth is going to completely alter my personality or intelligence then it's probably not worth it.
Reply 25
Original post by miser
I interpreted the question as: you stay who you already are, except either your wealth significantly increases, or your class significantly increases.

If choosing wealth is going to completely alter my personality or intelligence then it's probably not worth it.

Wouldn't class increase wealth while wealth wouldn't increase class much?

To me being really classy would imply you were really good at stuff
"Class" is a bunch of learned behaviours only valued because of social conditioning, so I really have no clue why people think it's so important compared with wealth which is more objective and real.
wealth anyday, even if i was able to be classy i wouldnt want it. trackies are comfortable, and i like to sit in trackies with a ten bag and watch stupid **** on the internet. do i want to have a pair of suit trousers/chinos up my arse and drink ****ty salty champagne or headache giving wine? no i want a beer.

case closed.
Reply 28
Depends on how you specifically define classy, I suppose. But I'll go with wealth, as it's generally more useful and can even be utilised for more selfless purposes. It's also more difficult to gain than class, which is more of a skill (at least, the way I think of it).

Original post by uberteknik
Tis better to be classy AND wealthy.

Neither will guarantee you are happy which trumps both.

That's very true! But it completely fails to answer the question, which presented neither of your points as acceptable answers.
Original post by Vian
That's very true! But it completely fails to answer the question, which presented neither of your points as acceptable answers.
In your own opinion that is. I'm sure I can live with that. :wink:
Reply 30
Original post by uberteknik
In your own opinion that is. I'm sure I can live with that. :wink:

The meaning of the English language isn't an opinion (at least not in the way you mean), but I don't suppose you care much for meaning. Oh well, to each his own. :dontknow:
Wealthy, being classy has no use/value to me
Original post by Vian

The meaning of the English language isn't an opinion (at least not in the way you mean), but I don't suppose you care much for meaning. Oh well, to each his own. :dontknow:
Dear sonny boy, this is a 'chat' thread or had you not noticed? I certainly do not need your permission to write in whichever way I see fit. Now run along and play. Arrogant **** wit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
Wealthy.

Class is for inflating the ego, wealth is for a more [financially] comfortable life.

love ur house sig
Wealthy... But I am classy, which makes people think I'm wealthy :rolleyes:
Original post by miser

If someone offered to make me rich trash and promised I wouldn't care what other people thought, I reckon I'd take it.

Sometimes I think being stupid must be nice, somewhat like being a dog must be nice.
Define classy really :dontknow: I probably agree with Black Cat here but I don't think it's a clear cut choice.

Original post by Black Cat
Class, being wealthy doesn't make one classy.

You can be classy and still gain wealth.

Easy option.
Reply 37
Original post by pane123
If someone offered to make me rich trash and promised I wouldn't care what other people thought, I reckon I'd take it.

Sometimes I think being stupid must be nice, somewhat like being a dog must be nice.

Nah. I have goals and things. Wouldn't want to trust them to a rich stupid guy.
Luckily i'm both, mother****er!
If 'classy' means having a decent attitude and treating other people well and being willing to engage with all kinds and treat everyone like they matter, then classy nails it every time.

A lot of people think they would like to be both, but often wealth trumps class and turns once-good people grasping, scared, unfeeling and cold.

Quick Reply

Latest