The Student Room Group

Transfer after foundation year

Hello,

I am currently on a foundation year at Keele uni, I was wondering if anyone has any experience transferring from non RG unis to a RG uni?

Do they asses you on how high you scored on individual modules? Is it something that has been done before?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
Original post by anonymousedf1
Hello,

I am currently on a foundation year at Keele uni, I was wondering if anyone has any experience transferring from non RG unis to a RG uni?

Do they asses you on how high you scored on individual modules? Is it something that has been done before?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Your best starting point is to talk to your tutors at Keele to find out where (if anywhere) students have been able to transfer in the past.

Foundation years aren't transferable - your course at Keele is designed to prepare you for year 1 of the course AT KEELE not at any university. It's therefore at the discretion of any university that you apply to for year 1 entry to make a judgement about whether the FY at Keele is suitable for entry onto their courses.

What course are you hoping to apply for?
And why are you fixating on RG membership?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your best starting point is to talk to your tutors at Keele to find out where (if anywhere) students have been able to transfer in the past.

Foundation years aren't transferable - your course at Keele is designed to prepare you for year 1 of the course AT KEELE not at any university. It's therefore at the discretion of any university that you apply to for year 1 entry to make a judgement about whether the FY at Keele is suitable for entry onto their courses.

What course are you hoping to apply for?
And why are you fixating on RG membership?

Hi,

I am currently on an economics foundation year, I want to switch to a RG to do economics as well, so same course.

For the field I want to go down, the job prospects are a lot better coming from a RG.

Hope this helps.
Original post by anonymousedf1
Hi,

I am currently on an economics foundation year, I want to switch to a RG to do economics as well, so same course.

For the field I want to go down, the job prospects are a lot better coming from a RG.

Hope this helps.

Which field is that?
Are you 100% sure it's due to the RG itself and not the other characteristics of econ graduates of RG universities (high maths A level results, wealthy backgrounds etc etc)

Have you spoken to any RG universities about whether they'll accept a FY from Keele for entry into yr 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending