The Student Room Group

Is it normal to do way worse on a dating app as a male?

Just curious. I get barely any likes. Women seem to be inundated.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Yes, it's normal. :smile:

Most guys using online dating sites who are not famous and don't have a photo gallery that gives the impression of them having a very glamourous lifestyle or being very wealthy struggle to stand out enough to get many likes.
I mean likes that are not from bots, catfishing males pretending to be female, onlyfans adult content producers and scammers.
While is true that men don't get as many matches as women, men can improve their chances by putting up good photos and a good bio. So many men let themselves down in this regard.
Reply 3
Dating apps for men is a waste of time. Girls get too many messages and there's too many men on these dating apps. I have read that an average looking guy has a 0.001% chance of getting a like on any given day, it's mad. Girls don't show any interest in anyone because they get too much attention, especially if they're quite young. Don't bother with them.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
While is true that men don't get as many matches as women, men can improve their chances by putting up good photos and a good bio. So many men let themselves down in this regard.

Imo this isnt a great idea because girls get more disappointed when they actually meet, my actual success count is slightly better with pics that reflect what I normally look like.
Original post by Little pecker
Imo this isnt a great idea because girls get more disappointed when they actually meet, my actual success count is slightly better with pics that reflect what I normally look like.

It’s not a case of misrepresenting how you look but showing you’ve put some effort in. I match on at least 50% of profiles I swipe right on. Of course I’m going to filter out profiles with half-arsed selfies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending