The Student Room Group

Provisional License Eyesight

I got my provisional license a month ago and I said on the application that I didn't need glasses and now, a month later my opticians have prescribed me with glasses and I want to start lessons soon...

Do I need to reapply again for the license and pay again or doesn't it matter as long as I wear my glasses...:confused:
Original post by particlestudent
I got my provisional license a month ago and I said on the application that I didn't need glasses and now, a month later my opticians have prescribed me with glasses and I want to start lessons soon...

Do I need to reapply again for the license and pay again or doesn't it matter as long as I wear my glasses...:confused:

Just tell the dvla to update your license
Original post by Iqbal007
Just tell the dvla to update your license

My license doesn't say nothing about my eyesight, is it even necessary to do that as I am just going to wear the glasses anyway for my lessons
Original post by particlestudent
My license doesn't say nothing about my eyesight, is it even necessary to do that as I am just going to wear the glasses anyway for my lessons

I guess not, but just tell them or when you pass tell the instructor when you send they send it off
Reply 4
If the declaration you made was true at the time you signed it, then you have nothing to worry about. Anyone can subsequently discover they need glasses and this alone does not have to be declared to DVLA. Incidentally, information on whether you need glasses is found on the back of your photocard licence as a code "01" next to each category. If there is no "01", then it means you declared you didn't need glasses.

If you find that your eyesight has deteriorated so badly that you cannot meet the eyesight standard even with glasses / contacts, then you must stop driving and notify DVLA.

On your first driving lesson (and at regular intervals) your instructor should check your eyesight and note whether you need glasses. That way, if you turn up for one lesson without them, he can give you a helpful reminder before you drive, so that you don't break the law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending