The Student Room Group

what do i put in this section for my insurance

so when I enter my details for my motorbike insurance, it asks firstly the type of motorbike insurance held which is my provisional then it asks if i completed my CBT which i have and then it asks period license held for, is this referring to my provisional license or my CBT pass date? And also does anyone have any tips to reduce insurance prices
Original post by jake102:)
so when I enter my details for my motorbike insurance, it asks firstly the type of motorbike insurance held which is my provisional then it asks if i completed my CBT which i have and then it asks period license held for, is this referring to my provisional license or my CBT pass date? And also does anyone have any tips to reduce insurance prices
A driving licence will have a date of issue and an expiry date. So the 'period licence held for' is the issue date on your provisional licence if you don't have your full licence yet.

One way to try and reduce the cost of insurance is to have a named driver who has a few years of no claims bonus, like one of your parents or an older sibling.

Or, you could ask someone close to you if you could be added to their insurance as a named driver, and contribute to their insurance costs because this will increase their monthly insurance bill.

If you are a named driver, you can start to accumulate your own no claims bonus which eventually brings your own insurance quotes down.

Hope this helps!
Best wishes,
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending