The Student Room Group

What's MPW like?

I was thinking of applying to MPW college, as it looks amazing I really like the mature attitude and tutorial setup, but there seems to be a lot of talk about you not fitting in if you haven't a) got a sports car b) gone to boarding school or private school and c) got money to burn.

I'm not exactly rich, but my family can afford the fees if I go, and I'm definitely not one of the BMW, money to burn types, but I don't necessarily want to believe general chatter if it may negatively affect my future.

So, does anybody here go there or gone there? And is it as privileged as people make it out to be?

Thanks!!
Reply 1
I'm currently at MPW in Birmingham, not sure if it's the same branch you're thinking of going to? Regardless, it is small and yes there are quite a few privileged students there, but they're not generally bratty or anything out of the ordinary. You'll see some designer gear about (mainly Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors) but it's for sure not a social requirement or a big deal. For the most part as long as you're clean and present yourself moderately well, you'll have no problem fitting in (which doesn't require money - my most complimented shoes are from Deichmann for example :wink: )

Being nice gets you further than being rich here, so I have a feeling that you've heard a lot of false chatter :biggrin:
Reply 2
I am also thinking of going to that school, well at the current moment I have only three choices after I get my results. Are you starting on September?

Quick Reply

Latest