The Student Room Group

Going on holiday

So my grandparents booked a holiday for me and my family just after my AS exams in June. They checked with me and I thought it would be okay because I thought we would be on study leave but obviously this is wrong. Apparently we start A2 after our exams then we have the summer holidays. The holiday is for 2 weeks and I will be back for the last remaining week of that academic year. If I do go I will have ten weeks worth if independent studies took off me which is really unfair considering I have the 6 weeks to catch up on but that's school for you. I talked to on of my teachers and he did say it was probably the best time to go but from a schools point of view it would be best if I didn't go. My mam has said I don't have to go but this could be the last time I can go on a family holiday before I move out and go to uni as I doubt they will book another one next year. I'm in two minds about this part of me really wants to go and just have a good time but I know I will most likely be thinking of school, the other side is the academic side and a holiday although costs money can be done anytime and my A2 can only be done once. Help?!
Reply 1
You will be more than capable of catching up on 2 weeks of study either in the holidays or when you start back at college.

Imagine yourself in 12 months time, will you regret your last every family holiday?
You'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I found the last few weeks of year 12 pretty useless tbh, I didn't remember any of the stuff we supposedly learnt during that time come September! Obviously your school might be different, but even though our teachers told us we were doing essential A2 work, we really weren't...neither the teachers nor the students were capable of doing much constructive work! So I reckon it'll be fine to take a holiday - you have the whole summer to go through textbooks/friends' notes etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest