The Student Room Group

do I have a shot with these grades?

I got BCD in my AS and plan to retake some and got predicted AAB but might push for AAA but the chances are low. I wanna apply for a AAA course or a AAB course to do economics and have a good personal statement, so yeah do I've a shot??

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be as frank as possible, I think your teachers are nutters for predicting you those grades, and you may be in for a big fall come next results day if you do get any offers. All the same though, I wish you all the luck in the world. I would suggest that some universities would make you an offer of AAB or ABB if you are super lucky. But I wouldn't push for AAA.
So I am in a similar position in that I am applying for Economcs with below the actual grades at AS (got AADD), However I am not taking the risk of applying for any University above ABB, So I have decided to take the route of 2 ABB Courses, 1 320 UCas point course; 1 ABC and 1 280 Ucas point University.

So My simple response would be that taking a risk is fine as long as you are taking some safe choices. So Maybe if you really want 1 AAB and 1 ABB course. AAA Might be too risky since most of those courses will get enough applicants with the grades already, also AAB might be a bit too much as well. Then you can take 3 safer university courses and not have to fear 5 rejections. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I have to agree with Robocop656. Your teachers can predict what they want - the fact of the matter is that universities aren't going to believe AAB or AAA predictions if you got BCD at AS. The highest you should realistically be predicted is ABC, universities aren't going to believe that you'll go up by two grades or more.
I agree with the others who are saying your predictions are already high, considering your attainment. Economics is a very competitive course.
I'm applying for a deferred year anyways so if I don't get in I can apply again? like do you guys recommend that? I was predicted 3As for AS so maybe that's why I got lucky with the predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
will I be able to use the same personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending