The Student Room Group

Should I apply to Notts if I don’t meet entry requirements?

So I have AAB achieved but I really want to apply to Notts for Politics and Economics which is AAA. I saw the course go into clearing after the 2023 exams but didn’t apply for it. I know that often near misses get an offer on results day but they obviously applied with their predicted grades. Is Notts somewhat lenient with people who are 1 grade below or would I be better off applying elsewhere?
1 grade off is worth a try. It cannot be guaranteed and your other choices need to be at the required grades but an aspirational choice or 2 doesnt do any harm
With achieved grades I would call them up to ask first.
Reply 3
Original post by AprilJune63
So I have AAB achieved but I really want to apply to Notts for Politics and Economics which is AAA. I saw the course go into clearing after the 2023 exams but didn’t apply for it. I know that often near misses get an offer on results day but they obviously applied with their predicted grades. Is Notts somewhat lenient with people who are 1 grade below or would I be better off applying elsewhere?

Worth a shot, particularly if you have a couple of other choices at your predicted grades, and one or two below. No point being too conservative and not having any aspirational choices as you only need 1 firm and 1 insurance.
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
Worth a shot, particularly if you have a couple of other choices at your predicted grades, and one or two below. No point being too conservative and not having any aspirational choices as you only need 1 firm and 1 insurance.

Mine are achieved grades not predicted which is why I’m a little more apprehensive lol.
Reply 5
Original post by AprilJune63
Mine are achieved grades not predicted which is why I’m a little more apprehensive lol.

I still think you have a good chance so worth a shot. You can send them an email to ask, but they will probably give a non definitive answer such "they will consider your applications along with the others...". The norm is for Unis to be strict with GCSE min grades, but a little more flexible with A-level requirements. Not saying that you will definitely get in, but worth a shot, and you have nothing to lose if you have other safer options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending