The Student Room Group

Do you like your motherland ?

Scroll to see replies

No, Pakistan is abominable.
Backwards culture, totalitarian stance on religion, corrupt government, racist, sexist, homophobic, and the list goes on.
Don't want to be associated with any of that.
Original post by Wattsy
Not based on patriotism for my 'motherland' no. All countries are in a degree of flux. I like or dislike what is happening in a country rather than the country itself.

I don't think the thread is about patriotism. It's about liking your country, for whatever reason. Although it's probably due to culture in 99% of cases.

Anyone who has travelled will have certain countries they liked more than others. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Very much! Nation of poets. Which is sad that there's so much conflict and bloodshed, hopefully it'll be peaceful one day :smile:
yep, ma man un is back
Yep love my motherland. Yes it has its problems like any country but on a whole is a great place to live and call home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ghana and Deutschland all day! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenhorrorstory
You don't

I'm not a nationalist. Are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
I'm not a nationalist. Are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. I wouldn't say I'm patriotic.
The thread isnt about patriotism
im south African and I love south africa
I was born and raised in the United States. I know I should feel lucky to live here, but I've never felt the sense of patriotism that many other Americans have. I connect more with my ancestry. Italian oh my moms side, English on my dads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Not at all. Can't wait to move.
Original post by itsRochana
YESSS i love Lebanon. Most beautiful country with the most beautiful people,food,places..

Sadly, there have been many religious and ethnic wars which have destroyed the country over and over. But, we always end up rebuilding it to be more beautiful than ever. Not the most stable country,but i love it all the same haha

I love lebanese food man. Too good to be true.
Original post by beautifulxxx
I love lebanese food man. Too good to be true.

Ikrrr :love:
Reply 73
Despite all the prejudice and hate my dear country Bulgaria is recieving from the British, I still couldn't be prouder to come from there.

Our landscape is beautiful, our food is delicious because it's not modified (unlike the food in the west), we have perfect climate.

Sadly the people in the parliament who run our country are ruining it, but hey, every person says the same thing about their own country!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
No. Not at all. Can't wait to move.

Which country, and why? :smile:
Which country, and why? :smile:

I used to live in la France, too racist and hate Muslims. Now I live the UK, more tolerant, and I like the brits, but I still find it a little depressing:biggrin:
I used to live in la France, too racist and hate Muslims. Now I live the UK, more tolerant, and I like the brits, but I still find it a little depressing:biggrin:

Ah,that sucks

Where are you originally from?
Original post by GnomeMage
this is a set up by america. stupid americans trying to provoke war all over the world.
Yeah, stupid Americans told Russian drunks to some to Ukraine, to kill everyone who speaks Ukrainian, to forbid Ukrainian language, to burn Ukrainian books, to tie people who keep Ukrainian flags at home to stakes and beat them, to kidnap common people for ransom, asking for millions, and when people could not pay, because where such money can come from, to send the relatives the severed heads, to sell Ukraine for months, with their children running around, screaming "we kill Khokol" and laughing, all stupid Americans. Sending their officers in disguise to kill Ukrainians, stealing everything in sight, tearing off ear rings and rings from women's ears and fingers, stealing cars, furniture, electric appliances from people's homes, stealing whole homes and apartments - all stupid Americans. They forced these poor Russian drunks to do it.
Ah,that sucks

Where are you originally from?

I'm french but born in the Uk:biggrin:
I'm french but born in the Uk:biggrin:

Lol why were other French people racist to you when you're French also? Or French as in nationality?

Quick Reply

Latest