The Student Room Group

What would you do if you are struggling with A Levels but don't like any other course

Like you don't like BTECs, apprenticeships and access courses? Is the other option sitting at home doing nothing?
Original post by Anony345533
Like you don't like BTECs, apprenticeships and access courses? Is the other option sitting at home doing nothing?

T levels?
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
T levels?

You don't like anything vocational. You like academic studies.
Reply 3
Sitting at home doing nothing is clearly and obviously not a long-term strategy. If you enjoy academic things (and want the pursuit of those as a realistic option) but do not enjoy A Levels then you simply have to get your head down, grit your teeth, and get through them like the rest of us who hated them.
You don't like anything vocational. You like academic studies.

You persist with the A-levels (least that’s what I did).
Original post by gjd800
Sitting at home doing nothing is clearly and obviously not a long-term strategy. If you enjoy academic things (and want the pursuit of those as a realistic option) but do not enjoy A Levels then you simply have to get your head down, grit your teeth, and get through them like the rest of us who hated them.

Brutal honesty right here, especially if you don’t like practical stuff. At least if you like practical stuff, you can drop the a-levels and do something vocational based (T-levels, BTEC, Apprenticeship, Work Experience etc) but if you don’t like practical stuff at all then honestly yeah that’s a problem.

There’s nothing wrong with not liking practical stuff but if you don’t like A-levels, what are you meant to do instead seeing as you don’t like practical stuff? Because as you say sitting and home and doing nothing I.e you’re not in some form of education or have a job/are willing to get one isn’t good (I’m obviously excluding those who can’t get a job or education for whatever reasons that are beyond their reasonable control).

That being said I can see why some people hate a-levels to the point where they drop out, I don’t blame some of them.
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800

I like A Levels, just struggling with them
(edited 8 months ago)

A-Levels are hard - it's ok to struggle with them. You just have to work hard and get through them - before you know it they'll be over. If you're struggling with your mental health then you should talk to a trusted adult and see if you can get some support. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Reply 8

The same direction applies.
Hi! Just letting you know I've moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile:
A Levels are hard, they aren't meant to be a walk in the park. I've wanted to give up multiple times last year but at the end of the day you jsut have to get your head down and push through. Ask your teachers for additional help and support

Quick Reply

Latest