The Student Room Group

studying on your period

does anyone have any tips for studying while on your period? mine are really heavy and I always feel faint. I have coursework due and have managed 100 words per day. I'm eating and drinking as normal and not skipping meals. I'm just wondering if there's an easier way to break up the workload or try to get stuff down as all I want to do is cry for no reason and eat all the time lol
hi i get u girl especially the crying part lol can you track your period ?? like i know a couple of people that can and base their studying around that ,another thing you can do is when im on my period i just take a textbook in the bath also take meds most people are like natural healing also do u like set goals ?? if you do and your not scoring the goals then minimise these goals and make up for them some other time hope you do well
Reply 2
Original post by studentat school
hi i get u girl especially the crying part lol can you track your period ?? like i know a couple of people that can and base their studying around that ,another thing you can do is when im on my period i just take a textbook in the bath also take meds most people are like natural healing also do u like set goals ?? if you do and your not scoring the goals then minimise these goals and make up for them some other time hope you do well

hi, yeah I do track it kinda, I've tried doing as much has possible but the meant doing it the week between Christmas and new year so it was hard juggling seeing family and completing my work, I also wasn't prepared for it to be this bad as it's normally barely anything but this times it's hit me like a truck and I just want to sleep all the time..
I do set goals but I don't normally make them or they're not realistic enough for the time I have left... I need to be writing over 5x what I'm writing now per day and I'm currently on day three and I'm due to hand these in on day seven so it's a case of trying to do as much as I can under this setback if u can call it that :,) unfortunately I can't take meds v often as I'm allergic to some and others increase my anxiety even with one dosage which sucks, I took some yesterday so I can't really afford to take anymore until tomorrow but I'll try to then

thank u girl <3.
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi, yeah I do track it kinda, I've tried doing as much has possible but the meant doing it the week between Christmas and new year so it was hard juggling seeing family and completing my work, I also wasn't prepared for it to be this bad as it's normally barely anything but this times it's hit me like a truck and I just want to sleep all the time..
I do set goals but I don't normally make them or they're not realistic enough for the time I have left... I need to be writing over 5x what I'm writing now per day and I'm currently on day three and I'm due to hand these in on day seven so it's a case of trying to do as much as I can under this setback if u can call it that :,) unfortunately I can't take meds v often as I'm allergic to some and others increase my anxiety even with one dosage which sucks, I took some yesterday so I can't really afford to take anymore until tomorrow but I'll try to then

thank u girl <3.

im so sorry to hear that my heart goes out to u will pray for you but you can do this good luck with it xxx
your school seems so chill during the winter holidays we arent really allowed to go away we HAVE TO study the teachers email and track ur progress so count yourself lucky -they claim with all good things come with sacrifices like even your holidays lameee i know
wishing you all the best tho and this is mocks season so just push yourself even to do just one more past paper or even just one more question after all my schools motto is limitations is all in your head (dont fully agree with that especially in your case but like YOU CAN DOOOO THISSSS CHEERING FOR YOU ) XXX
The school need to do a lot more to help you
Reply 5
Original post by Hey Lyla Girl
The school need to do a lot more to help you

Why do they?

How differently should they treat you as a woman on her period? 100 words per day is a pathetic rate of work - 4-500 words on a side of A4 paper, "typical" teenagers text at 30-60 words per minute!. I'd be interested what your feelings would be if your holiday was cancelled because the pilot was on her period and wouldn't fly, your operation cancelled because the surgeon menstruating.

Women have fought for equality, and that can't mean 1 easy week in 4. The OP needs to learn how she can manage to get her work done alongside her natural bodily functions. Do some exercise, take some painkillers, go on the pill, what ever works. Have you tried dictating and editing the text? If things are so bad that you can do so little, you need to see your doctor.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
does anyone have any tips for studying while on your period? mine are really heavy and I always feel faint. I have coursework due and have managed 100 words per day. I'm eating and drinking as normal and not skipping meals. I'm just wondering if there's an easier way to break up the workload or try to get stuff down as all I want to do is cry for no reason and eat all the time lol

I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this. If your periods are that heavy and are having an adverse affect your health like that, speak to your doctor. There be a reason and there will probably be something they can do to help. Most teenagers can be prescribed iron tablets to help managed the feeling of dizziness you are experiencing because of high blood loss. There are also things they can do to help manage the flow of your period, so it may be worth speaking to them.
I hope you are doing well and can get things sorted :smile:
Original post by Apachecow
Why do they?

How differently should they treat you as a woman on her period? 100 words per day is a pathetic rate of work - 4-500 words on a side of A4 paper, "typical" teenagers text at 30-60 words per minute!. I'd be interested what your feelings would be if your holiday was cancelled because the pilot was on her period and wouldn't fly, your operation cancelled because the surgeon menstruating.

Women have fought for equality, and that can't mean 1 easy week in 4. The OP needs to learn how she can manage to get her work done alongside her natural bodily functions. Do some exercise, take some painkillers, go on the pill, what ever works. Have you tried dictating and editing the text? If things are so bad that you can do so little, you need to see your doctor.

A bit more compassion towards the OP as well wouldn't go amiss you are clearly a guy who has no idea what it is like when we are on our time of the month

Quick Reply

Latest