The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Hi Sorry if there is already an official thread for this somewhere - perhaps someone could redirect me to it if there is? but I would like the support of others going through the same experience.
My UCAS form is officially sent off!!!! and im waiting to hear back from my two chosen universities maybe we could post our progress here and support each other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello... same here, ucas application sent last Thursday for Northumbria and Teeside adult nursing. So anxious waiting for replies!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Ive applied for nursing at both unis too but for child nursing, ive been offered at interview next week with teeside on my birthday so theyre definalty starting to interview people now. Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by EbonyR
Ive applied for nursing at both unis too but for child nursing, ive been offered at interview next week with teeside on my birthday so theyre definalty starting to interview people now. Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Good luck EbonyR...when did you submit your application?
It's nerve wracking waiting to hear, has anyone here done this before? This is my third cycle as I applied for midwifery the last two years. It's my first cycle for nursing though.
Reply 5
Original post by MrsBrown
Good luck EbonyR...when did you submit your application?

I submitted the 1st September :smile:
Hi. I sent my application on the 13th of October to Tees/North and I am applying for adult nursing. X
Reply 7
Original post by against the wind
It's nerve wracking waiting to hear, has anyone here done this before? This is my third cycle as I applied for midwifery the last two years. It's my first cycle for nursing though.

First time for me... have you had interviews on your previous attempts? Midwifery is really competitive for a small intake isn't it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ballroom beans
Hi. I sent my application on the 13th of October to Tees/North and I am applying for adult nursing. X

Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 9
My interview for Teesside adult nursing came through today! Hope you all get a reply soon :smile: xx
xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hevbev123
My interview for Teesside adult nursing came through today! Hope you all get a reply soon :smile: xx

Mine too! ☺
Original post by MrsBrown
Mine too! ☺

Well done!! When is your interview? Mine is 10th December 8:45 am :smile: xx
Original post by ballroom beans
I've got a teesside interview for the 9th @8:45 xx

That's great! Mine is the 10th December so you'll have to let me know how hard or easy the maths and literacy tests are! Xx
Reply 14
Went for my interview on Thursday... Maths & English were easy. You have 40mins to do both. Maths is exactly the same as the practice paper but they just change the numbers! English you are given a few scenarios and you have to answer Q's about them. The English is more about are you able to spell, use paragraphs etc & not necessarily the answer itself. The hard part for me was the interview itself, I found their questions difficult to answer as they word them so backwards & long! By which time you've forgotten the question. It wouldn't hurt them to crack a smile either...
Original post by EbonyR
Went for my interview on Thursday... Maths & English were easy. You have 40mins to do both. Maths is exactly the same as the practice paper but they just change the numbers! English you are given a few scenarios and you have to answer Q's about them. The English is more about are you able to spell, use paragraphs etc & not necessarily the answer itself. The hard part for me was the interview itself, I found their questions difficult to answer as they word them so backwards & long! By which time you've forgotten the question. It wouldn't hurt them to crack a smile either...

Ahh thank you so much! To think I was worrying about the maths and literacy test! Seems I should be worrying about the interview instead! The exams and tests are on the same day then? Because I know some universities do them on different days and coming from Birmingham I'm praying it's all on one day! Xx
Reply 16
Original post by Hevbev123
Ahh thank you so much! To think I was worrying about the maths and literacy test! Seems I should be worrying about the interview instead! The exams and tests are on the same day then? Because I know some universities do them on different days and coming from Birmingham I'm praying it's all on one day! Xx

It's all on the same day yeah. My interview was at 9am so we started the tests at 9.10am and had until 9.46am to do both maths & English. Then they play a 20min video about the course while they mark the tests. Once that's finished they give people who passed time slots for their interview & room number. Mine was at 11am and was out by quarter past!
Original post by EbonyR
It's all on the same day yeah. My interview was at 9am so we started the tests at 9.10am and had until 9.46am to do both maths & English. Then they play a 20min video about the course while they mark the tests. Once that's finished they give people who passed time slots for their interview & room number. Mine was at 11am and was out by quarter past!

How long did you wait after your application was received to get a reply about your interview/offer?
Reply 18
Original post by Jessio
How long did you wait after your application was received to get a reply about your interview/offer?

Sent my ucas off on the 1st September & received an invite to an interview last Friday (31/10/14)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EbonyR
Sent my ucas off on the 1st September & received an invite to an interview last Wednesday (31/10/14)

over a month :O

Quick Reply

Latest