The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

UWE child nursing

Hi I have been offered a conditional offer for child nursing however I do not have 112 tariff points. What are my chances I have 106?? Will they refuse me… Thanks
Original post by Debdav53
Hi I have been offered a conditional offer for child nursing however I do not have 112 tariff points. What are my chances I have 106?? Will they refuse me… Thanks

Hi there @Debdav53 ! Firstly, congratulations on your conditional offer for child nursing! I'm not sure if this is from us here at De Montfort University (DMU), Leicester - speaking, hello! - or from another University but here is a general guide on if you're worried about achieving the Tariff Points stated on your offer letter :biggrin:

I know it's easier said than done - but try not to worry! Stress and extra pressure on yourself can just make the wait until results day much harder than it needs to be. We know it's a big change and means a lot - us here at DMU and other Universities know this and love to see the time and passion you all devote to this! - but try to trust in the process:yep:

There are a few options if you don't quite meet the Tariff points as outlined on an offer letter:

- Sometime the University may offer an alternative, but similar course, if the entry criteria for that course is lower than the course you hold an offer for

- Depending on how results day goes they may still be able to consider your original offer, taking into account your other experience, qualifications, and your personal statement (and interview if they have conducted one!)

- CLEARING: Understandably, this is not the ideal option for everyone, and it can be a bit daunting! This is an opportunity from results day onwards to explore other institutions that you perhaps didn't consider at first and to see if you can gain a place on one of their programmes in a similar subject area!

Each University is slightly different and this is a general guide. You can also of course reach out the Admissions or Enquiries team of anywhere you have applied to if you are a bit worried :confused: They will help talk through your options and can support you further!:flower2:

I hope this helped and all the best!

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 10 months ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hello, congratulations on receiving an offer !!:congrats:

I want to start by saying don't panic! I was in a similar situation and I went thought clearing to obtain my place on the Adult Nursing course here at DMU. :smile:
Slightly different, I had applied for Midwifery and was unsuccessful at interview, however the same applies. Hopefully you get the results you wish for but if on results day you don't perhaps get the results you were hoping for - give Clearing a call and they will support you to maybe receive an offer to attend university!

They are so helpful and will support you in finding the correct course. I found that many Universities closer to the time have spaces to fill so they can be slightly flexible with the points required. I know in nursing that Children's nursing requires more UCAS points than Adult Nursing. So, be sure to have a look at all the options, because there might be an opportunity to join a Nursing course just doing a different aspect of it.

Whichever Nursing course you join I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! It has been such a rewarding three years of training and I wish you all the best. If you have any questions be sure to ask them or we can even just have a chat about nursing. :nurse:

All the best,
Emily :wings:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Debdav53

Hi hunny, well done for your offer, Northumbria university, just want you to have grade A to c in English and maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending