The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria /Teeside Adult Nursing Applicants 2015 entry.

Scroll to see replies

No Child! :frown: good luck for your interview though :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by RascalRach
Have you had interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah in february :/ everyone seems to be receiving offers and I've not heard anything, it's just a little scary!
I haven't even been offered an interview. Hope i do!
Original post by Ley2308
I applied the day before closing to northumbria for learning disability nursing and adult nursing, still had no word and starting to worry slightly,
Can any1 shed light on what interviews consist of etc, im a mature student at 32 and haven't had much uni experience ������

Hi i'm 32 too! I applied to adult nursing in October and got an offer in January to start in September :smile: :smile: Here is an a brief overview of the interview day:

we were given a presentation about the course and university, this was very informative and you get the chance to ask questions as well, then we were shown a video clip and given the written exercise of writing about the issues raised in the clip, this is not a trick and you dont have to know anything technical about nursing! they are basically looking for you to have the right attitude towards patients, show empathy and advocate patient centrered care. they are mostly marked on the basis of whether you can string a sentence together (and you get to see the exact mark scheme) its all very transparent and well organised.
after a short break you are split into groups and most of the interview is done with that group, they ask questions for you to discuss as a group- make sure you feed off what the other candidates are saying, but make sure you are polite and not talking over people - pretty basic stuff really. the questions again arent really hard or technical, and you are expected again to show your compassion, empathy and passion for people.
then you get a few minutes as an individual thats it - just one question to answer on your own.
in short, just know why you want to go into adult nursing and show an understanding of patient centred care and let your passion shine through. good luck!
Any more offers for children's at Teesside today?
I recieved an interview date today for northumbria for the 27/3
Original post by against the wind
Hi i'm 32 too! I applied to adult nursing in October and got an offer in January to start in September :smile: :smile: Here is an a brief overview of the interview day:

we were given a presentation about the course and university, this was very informative and you get the chance to ask questions as well, then we were shown a video clip and given the written exercise of writing about the issues raised in the clip, this is not a trick and you dont have to know anything technical about nursing! they are basically looking for you to have the right attitude towards patients, show empathy and advocate patient centrered care. they are mostly marked on the basis of whether you can string a sentence together (and you get to see the exact mark scheme) its all very transparent and well organised.
after a short break you are split into groups and most of the interview is done with that group, they ask questions for you to discuss as a group- make sure you feed off what the other candidates are saying, but make sure you are polite and not talking over people - pretty basic stuff really. the questions again arent really hard or technical, and you are expected again to show your compassion, empathy and passion for people.
then you get a few minutes as an individual thats it - just one question to answer on your own.
in short, just know why you want to go into adult nursing and show an understanding of patient centred care and let your passion shine through. good luck!

That's great thank you letting me know, I wasn't sure what to expect etc, iv just recieved an email for my interview daye of the 27/3 im so excited! X
Original post by Alexandramarnie
Hi I have been invited to interviews at both Teesside and Northumbria for child nursing on the same day, at the same time! I have contacted both and been told that it is the last day for interviews! I really don't know what to do, as Teesside is my preferred university due to locality as I have a child and cannot move therefore it is more convenient travel wise, but I have had an interview there previously and found the process to be quite harsh. I am also worried as i really want to start this year but people on here are being offered places for September NEXT year....does this mean there are no places available for this year now? From what I've read the whole process at Northumbria is much kinder and I feel like I stand a better chance of being offered a place there but i feel like whatever decision I make I'm going to regret it! Does anyone know how many places are available at Northumbria?!! HELP!!!!!

honestly have no ideas on places but would one of them not swap you to the afternoon...i would try and get northumbria early morning as traffic is awful..took me 1 1/2hrs to do 40 miles to get there for 8.45...teesside was easy..so i would try and get them to move to pm.....if you get no joy how about getting one of your tutors to contact them or even go onto FB and send ucas a message...they always get back to you...i was given teesside and nottingham same day but got teesside changed but if its the last day you would hope they would understand...hope you get it sorted..
Original post by Ley2308
That's great thank you letting me know, I wasn't sure what to expect etc, iv just recieved an email for my interview daye of the 27/3 im so excited! X

Original post by Ley2308
I recieved an interview date today for northumbria for the 27/3

Congratulations guys!!!
I guess i'll have to wait a fair bit longer to find out who'll be joining me in September!!! (Although hopefully it will be fairly soon after this last date!)
I don't envy you people still waiting, it is such a long process it certainly tests your patience!
Oops just realised i've quoted the same person twice!!!!
Original post by against the wind
Congratulations guys!!!
I guess i'll have to wait a fair bit longer to find out who'll be joining me in September!!! (Although hopefully it will be fairly soon after this last date!)
I don't envy you people still waiting, it is such a long process it certainly tests your patience!

Hopefully not to long to wait after interviews il be a nervous wreck by then x
anyone had an interview and still waiting to hear for childrens at Teesside?
Has anyone heard today ? This is soul destroying now x
No nothing for me unfortunatly. This is so stressful its awful.waiting x
It is I feel like ppl are playing God with my life right now x
Original post by Shelleyk1969
It is I feel like ppl are playing God with my life right now x

Yea its awful. I feel like the more places are given out the less chance i have x
I'm in! Northumbria in September... cannot believe it, so happy! 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsBrown
I'm in! Northumbria in September... cannot believe it, so happy! 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done
Original post by Shelleyk1969
Has anyone heard today ? This is soul destroying now x

Iv got an interview for northumbria today x
I've not heard from Teesside either... Hoping to hear something before Ucas goes down tomorrow. Sick of waiting now checking my email every 10 minutes :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending