The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Where the hell am I?

Hey guys, i was wondering if i could get a little help. Iv got a lecture on my timetable which is a social psych, health psych and psychopathology lecture and iv NO idea how to get there. The timetable is really crap and indicates that the lecture is at SCH RUTHERFORD, however i have found no such building on any campus maps and im completely confused as to where this lecture is? Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Rutherford is a lecture theatre in the physics department, also known as the Schuster Laboratory. It also happens to be the building I'm sat in now :wink:

It is on brunswick street opposite the chemistry dept. You can find a map here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Brunswick+Street,+Manchester,+Greater+Manchester,+M13&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=53.465672,-2.231662&spn=0.005148,0.021179&om=1&iwloc=A

Hope I am not too late in helping out!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
i was there today. it was very hot and smelly.
I wouldn't know about the smell... It has been over 3 years since I had to go into Rutherford. I spend most of my time in my 6th floor office looking at the city centre instead of doing work :p:
Reply 4
what_apples
I wouldn't know about the smell... It has been over 3 years since I had to go into Rutherford. I spend most of my time in my 6th floor office looking at the city centre instead of doing work :p:

And there was me thinking PhD students had a hard time of it :p:

I haven't noticed the smell either, but it was horribly hot in there yesterday :frown:
Princess Ana
And there was me thinking PhD students had a hard time of it :p:

What on earth gave you that idea??? :wink:

To be fair, I really SHOULD be working hard now that I have no more money coming in. Need to finish and get one of those dreaded "real job" things. :frown:
Reply 6
what_apples
What on earth gave you that idea??? :wink:

To be fair, I really SHOULD be working hard now that I have no more money coming in. Need to finish and get one of those dreaded "real job" things. :frown:

I did notice you didn't seem to be doing much this afternoon :biggrin:

A real job? :eek: What are you going to do?
Princess Ana
I did notice you didn't seem to be doing much this afternoon :biggrin:

A real job? :eek: What are you going to do?

If you really want to know....

I applied for this job today: http://www.cclrc.ac.uk/Activity/VNs;SECTION=9791; Which is very similar to what I am doing in my PhD right now, so not too scary for me. The advert seems to fit my "skill" set very well so I thought I might as well apply for experience of interviews etc. Not even sure if I want the job!

As for not doing much - everybody seemed to know what was going on anyway. The number of demonstrators outnumbered the students for most of the day so it was quite relaxing. Things get hectic when the programs start dealing with pointers etc.. :biggrin:
Reply 8
what_apples
If you really want to know....

I applied for this job today: http://www.cclrc.ac.uk/Activity/VNs;SECTION=9791; Which is very similar to what I am doing in my PhD right now, so not too scary for me. The advert seems to fit my "skill" set very well so I thought I might as well apply for experience of interviews etc. Not even sure if I want the job!

Well, good luck even if you don't won't want the job. Although:
Appointees will be expected to travel regularly in Europe

Sounds alright :wink:

what_apples
As for not doing much - everybody seemed to know what was going on anyway. The number of demonstrators outnumbered the students for most of the day so it was quite relaxing. Things get hectic when the programs start dealing with pointers etc.. :biggrin:

I only saw two when I was there (you, and the guy with a red top and an accent), and none of whom seemed to be around when I actually needed some help (I'm sure there must be some corollary of Murphy's Law about this :biggrin:).

BTW, is there anything stopping me from doing some of the exercises this weekend while I've nothing else to do, submitting them next Tuesday, and then not turning up for the next few weeks?
Princess Ana

BTW, is there anything stopping me from doing some of the exercises this weekend while I've nothing else to do, submitting them next Tuesday, and then not turning up for the next few weeks?

I THINK - but I'm not 100% sure - that you can't submit coursework ahead of time. It was that way last year anyway. I guess the easiest way is to try it out next time you are in the dept. and have some free time. Today was a one-off for me covering for someone who couldn't make it, but if you ever need help just stick your hand up and someone will get round to - there were 6 of us there in total today (including Dr. Mitchell) so there should always be someone who can help you out.

Failing that, you can always "cheat" and get help from the Dev sub-forum :biggrin: I do have all the answers from last year you know..... :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending