The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
Any way I can be of assistance? :smile:

How very kind of you! I'll ping you right now. :smile:

Edit: I can't PM you; can you drop me a line?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vitamin D
Wish we got a reading week or a few days off at least, getting to that point in the semester when the batteries need recharged but it's just relentless. I don't even get a day off during a normal week, think I'm going to need to get used to this quickly 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. For my degree though, every week is reading week with lectures, tutorials and extra reading lol!
essay due in on THursday... have yet to start it properly.. also have lots of meetings eating up valuable time tomorrow and Wednesday. Going to try and get the majority of the essay done tonight :eek:
Today's been a bad day. Spent most of it feeling really panicky :erm:. I know once I make some leeway with work I'll calm down, but I'm a bit overwhelmed atm. Trying to make some progress today or tomorrow will be just as unproductive.

Final year is a dick.
Solved my Matlab problem, seems I was overcomplicating the question, silly me
Original post by snailsareslimy

Final year is a dick.

This so much.
Slept the whole day, but feel so much better now. Think my fever is gone. :yay:
Now to update my CV and look for PhD positions. But maybe I should try to get a few more hours of sleep in before I mess up my sleeping pattern... mhmmm.
Today's been a bad day. Spent most of it feeling really panicky :erm:. I know once I make some leeway with work I'll calm down, but I'm a bit overwhelmed atm. Trying to make some progress today or tomorrow will be just as unproductive.

Final year is a dick.

Sounds like me most of the time :frown:
Got my result back for my first ever uni assignment, and got a 1st! Soo happy, now just need to try and keep it up throughout the year :biggrin:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Got my result back for my first ever uni assignment, and got a 1st! Soo happy, now just need to try and keep it up throughout the year :biggrin:

Oooh! Congrats!

Final year is a dick.

oh :hugs: that sucks. I've been feeling like that too. What I can't get my head around is why they don't extend the two semesters and give us shorter summer holidays.

I hope today is productive for you.

Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done :smile:
Plan for today: reading, reading and more reading. Currently reading about utility regulation in the EU then going onto the single market.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Oooh! Congrats!

Original post by rayquaza17

Original post by jelly1000
well done :smile:

Thanks guys :hugs:

Time to proofread my essay before submitting it and need to prepare my presentation which im not looking forward too :frown:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Oooh! Congrats!

oh :hugs: that sucks. I've been feeling like that too. What I can't get my head around is why they don't extend the two semesters and give us shorter summer holidays.

I hope today is productive for you.

academics use the summer to focus on research which generates income for the universities
Original post by MathsNerd1
Solved my Matlab problem, seems I was overcomplicating the question, silly me

agreed, silly you
Why can't my CV just edit itself? It would make life much easier. Sigh. Just those silly little problems! :biggrin:
Original post by jelly1000
academics use the summer to focus on research which generates income for the universities

Fair enough. I just wish we didn't have to have such long holidays sometimes. Especially when we're barely even at university during the semester.
Essay finished :biggrin:. Managed 1917 words on a horrible topic so I'm happy :smile: (limit is 2000).
Timetable for next semester has been made available :redface:

3x9am starts and the same number of 6pm finishes :eek:

one day I have a full 9-5 with an hour break :scared:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending