The Student Room Group

grade on transcript

help! so i graduated in 2015 with a 2.2 then opened my own business so ive never needed to get out or use my documents. ive just applied to study an msc and when i looked at my transcript it states my dissertation mark was 57 but i know for fact it was m arked higher than this. i have dyslexia and so when i got the mark for the written element to my degree i was over joyed and ive also confirmed with a close friend of mine who i studied with (who knew all about my dyslexia and how i struggled) and she also confirmed she specifically remebered us jumping up and down when i got my mark as it was totally unexpected for me to have scored so high. ive contacted the uni who have come back and said after reviewing my query and speaking to the tutor who marked it, that 57 is in fact correct but i know this is wrong. where can i go and who can i speak to about it?
Original post by marisa83
help! so i graduated in 2015 with a 2.2 then opened my own business so ive never needed to get out or use my documents. ive just applied to study an msc and when i looked at my transcript it states my dissertation mark was 57 but i know for fact it was m arked higher than this. i have dyslexia and so when i got the mark for the written element to my degree i was over joyed and ive also confirmed with a close friend of mine who i studied with (who knew all about my dyslexia and how i struggled) and she also confirmed she specifically remebered us jumping up and down when i got my mark as it was totally unexpected for me to have scored so high. ive contacted the uni who have come back and said after reviewing my query and speaking to the tutor who marked it, that 57 is in fact correct but i know this is wrong. where can i go and who can i speak to about it?

1. You say above that "when i got the mark for the written element to my degree i was over joyed". How did you receive this mark? Was it in an e-mail, or was it written down in some document? Do you not still have that?

2. Presumably your transcript shows all your marks (i.e. for each module). Have you tried calculating what your degree classification should be (using whatever rules your uni uses) to see whether it comes out at a 2:2. If it comes out at a 3rd (for example) using the module marks which are on the transcript, but you were awarded a 2:2, then it proves that those module marks (including the 57) must be wrong. (Well, or the 2:2 was wrong. :s-smilie:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending