The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel VS Kingston --- HELP!!!

Hey guys :smile:

I've been offered a place for the course of international politics at brunel and kingston unis --- Could someone tell me which one is the best for my course?? and in terms of teaching quality?? I really don't know..... HELP!
Personally, I'd say Brunel. It's best to go to both of the Uni's on an open day and check it out for yourself, see which one suits you best. Kingston have an open day next weekend, they rang me about it a few days ago! Not sure when Brunel's open days are tho.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Brunel is the 'better' university academically, known to have a good social scene and nice campus.
Reply 3
Thank you :smile:

I went to both universities open days. I prefered Brunel 'cause it looked more like a uni (campus,...). Kingston is more like a college.... but I'm attracted by the close location to london center......

Do U know where is there a "better social life"??
I live close to London atm and it isn't that great. Very, very expensive!!! LOL! Kingston is alright but to be honest I'd choose Brunel. Better uni and social life.
Reply 5
Come to Brunel. I'm in my first year doing International Politics and it's brilliant. The social life is really good here, too.
Reply 6
Hi

I was torn between Kingston and Brunel to study law. I chose Brunel instead, mainly because it is academacially better than Kingston. I also visited both universities, and quite like Kingston, its very leafy and green and Kingston shopping town centre is down the road. I received a conditional offer from them. Went to Brunel open day on the 18/3 and was really impressed with the campus, every thing is onsite they have a HSBC bank, various food outlets, a nightclub and bar great sports facilities and the people were very friendly. I am glad I made that choice to study at Brunel, I would say it is more better socially and academically in my opinon. Also they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse an unconditional one.:smile:
Reply 7
Hi mullings=)
Reply 8
Lawstude
Hi mullings=)

Hiya back Lawstude

How things going with the course and your university offers? Have you been to Reading open day yet. :smile:
Reply 9
mullings1
Hiya back Lawstude

How things going with the course and your university offers? Have you been to Reading open day yet. :smile:

Going well =) thanks, Ive had my final marks back for business studies ( got 82% overall - exams and coursework included) - I tripped up in the first exam, and so it brought the rest of my work down considerably!! ... but im happy with 82% its still respectable!!

Doing law and psychology at the moment, finished unit A of psychology ( 92% for assignment - top mark- and also 90% for my presentation). My first law assignment got 86%. So... its going well!!... just had my exam on EU Law - I think It went well....!

Yep - visited the UOR open day on the 11th of this month :-) which was brill. Was shown around by current mature students - which was nice. I was able to recieve a first account of what the transition is really like ( from access to degree), and also being mature students ( and students at that) they were very candid and forthcoming with info. Terribly honest and friendly. Was made to feel right at home. I really do want to be a part of UOR 2009 law school.

I Should hopefully get my deicision on UOR this week - fingers crossed ;-)
Reply 10
Lawstude
Going well =) thanks, Ive had my final marks back for business studies ( got 82% overall - exams and coursework included) - I tripped up in the first exam, and so it brought the rest of my work down considerably!! ... but im happy with 82% its still respectable!!

Doing law and psychology at the moment, finished unit A of psychology ( 92% for assignment - top mark- and also 90% for my presentation). My first law assignment got 86%. So... its going well!!... just had my exam on EU Law - I think It went well....!

Yep - visited the UOR open day on the 11th of this month :-) which was brill. Was shown around by current mature students - which was nice. I was able to recieve a first account of what the transition is really like ( from access to degree), and also being mature students ( and students at that) they were very candid and forthcoming with info. Terribly honest and friendly. Was made to feel right at home. I really do want to be a part of UOR 2009 law school.

I Should hopefully get my deicision on UOR this week - fingers crossed ;-)

Well I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you also. You have worked extremely hard on your access course and I am sure you have done well on your EU law exam. Reading should be lucky to have you, all the best.:smile:
Reply 11
=) ta mate!!....
Original post by Charlski
Come to Brunel. I'm in my first year doing International Politics and it's brilliant. The social life is really good here, too.

Sorry to dig up this thread but how were the employment prospects for your degree. I assume you finish a good while ago and I'm doing politics and eco and Brunel now so I was just wondering.
you are all **** the best University is no uni just living your life and making millions while living so don't talk even if you have experience cus u lot are **** so unless ur living ur life dont talk
Original post by mullings1
Hi

I was torn between Kingston and Brunel to study law. I chose Brunel instead, mainly because it is academacially better than Kingston. I also visited both universities, and quite like Kingston, its very leafy and green and Kingston shopping town centre is down the road. I received a conditional offer from them. Went to Brunel open day on the 18/3 and was really impressed with the campus, every thing is onsite they have a HSBC bank, various food outlets, a nightclub and bar great sports facilities and the people were very friendly. I am glad I made that choice to study at Brunel, I would say it is more better socially and academically in my opinon. Also they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse an unconditional one.:smile:

Since this post was brought up, how was law at brunel im considering going there or reading to do law. How were job prospects etc.
Reply 15
Original post by olivier10101

I've been offered a place for the course of international politics at brunel and kingston unis --- Could someone tell me which one is the best for my course?? and in terms of teaching quality?? I really don't know..... HELP!

I went to both university's open days. I preferred Brunel 'cause it looked more like a uni (campus,...). Kingston is more like a college.... also the staff and colleagues of Brunel are better than Kingston.
Original post by olivier10101

brunel is better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending