The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :sigh:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Jesus, you're gonna have a fun Christmas! Intentionally missed lectures or exceptionally unlucky with personal circumstances? :frown:

I saw your snap, thank god she saw sense! Defs hoping you get the apology you deserve.
Enjoy yourself tonight! :smile:

You'll be fine :smile: they wont be expecting anything too detailed because your focus will probably change slightly as you do your dissertation. Don't worry too much.

:hugs: get well doon! I'm feeling pretty run down at the moment too, and I'm working tonight and tomorrow night :cry:. We'll make it through!

Feel your pain :frown: you'll be fine, maybe take a wee break away from the computer? I find that helps if I have a headache.

Don't get disheartened. You can always bring it up! You'll be fine :awesome:

I must be so unhelpful, I'd never give my notes to others. I just hope they don't take advantage of you being nice, you've done them such a massive favour!

Law sounds like a bastard. My best friend does it and I'm in a state of :lolwut: constantly when she talks about it :teehee:.

I gave a copy of my notes to the peers who actually made an effort in the module. And also I'll understand where my reasoning fell flat so it benefits me as well.

Law sounds like a bastard. My best friend does it and I'm in a state of :lolwut: constantly when she talks about it :teehee:.

The weird thing as that at times, it seems kind of easy.
one more week!!!!!!!!!

Original post by Slowbro93
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all :sigh:

What's up? :frown:

:hugs: get well doon! I'm feeling pretty run down at the moment too, and I'm working tonight and tomorrow night :cry:. We'll make it through!

Thanks, hun! Sorry to hear you won't have a chance to recover tomorrow night! But we can make it, yes! We're strong, independent women. :colonhash:

I'm also rethinking applying for a Phd. I just want a job after this for a while. Actually I just want to concentrate on my MSc, finish it, apply for jobs/PhDs while writing my Masters thesis, work for a while, and then apply for a PhD (if I had no luck earlier). Or maybe, I don't know, find a forensics lab and work there.
Jesus, you're gonna have a fun Christmas! Intentionally missed lectures or exceptionally unlucky with personal circumstances? :frown:

I saw your snap, thank god she saw sense! Defs hoping you get the apology you deserve.

You'll be fine :smile: they wont be expecting anything too detailed because your focus will probably change slightly as you do your dissertation. Don't worry too much.

Feel your pain :frown: you'll be fine, maybe take a wee break away from the computer? I find that helps if I have a headache.

I must be so unhelpful, I'd never give my notes to others. I just hope they don't take advantage of you being nice, you've done them such a massive favour!

I did and just went to bed! Woke up and it was gone!! :smile:

---------------

Just got one of my results back and got a 1st in my essay! So pleased right now! Really didn't expect to start uni and do this well! :biggrin:
Original post by Psyc_Girl

Just got one of my results back and got a 1st in my essay! So pleased right now! Really didn't expect to start uni and do this well! :biggrin:

Well done!

Found out I got a 1st in my probability test today - massive improvement on the 40% I got last time. :biggrin:
Original post by rayquaza17
Well done!

Found out I got a 1st in my probability test today - massive improvement on the 40% I got last time. :biggrin:

Thank you! & congrats!! That's a great improvement!

After watching my sister at uni I was expecting to struggle but so far I have 3 1sts and a 2:1!! :woo:
one more week!!!!!!!!!

What's up? :frown:

PhD applications :tongue:
Really annoyed with myself right now. For biology we've had to use this thing online called peerwise and there's 4 deadlines for it throughout the semester. In the past 2 weeks I've missed the last 2 deadlines simply because I forgot about it so now I get an E grade worth 5% :frown: I know it's not the end of the world but I just feel so stupid for forgetting about it twice! Not having a good evening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intentionally, I accidentally started liking a girl at the beginning of the year and my mind has been on that rather than what it should be (university) :frown: I tried to get her into a relationship but she is too scared from her previous break ups, she says i'll get bored of her and she can't take the pain again :frown: Any advice you can give me that might convince her other wise?
(edited 9 years ago)
I still have so much work to do for my assignments but need to revise for January exams!

How early do you guys normally start revising for exams?
I still have so much work to do for my assignments but need to revise for January exams!

Going to start on Saturday 13th of December, the day after my final assignments are due in.

Everyone would like to start earlier but it generally doesn't happen until other assignments are out the way! Focus on them but if you have a spare 15 minutes then go over a little something - it all helps! Don't beat yourself up if you don't have time!

My last assignment is due in on Monday so I'll start revising on Wednesday when I finish uni. :smile:
It looks like I've accidentally given myself the day off of work. Hm. :smile:
I'm going to get this presentation written and out of the way, and I'll definitely finish my essay tomorrow! There's only about 800 words of it left. The sooner it's done the sooner I can spend some of that much needed time on my dissertation.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Intentionally, I accidentally started liking a girl at the beginning of the year and my mind has been on that rather than what it should be (university) :frown: I tried to get her into a relationship but she is too scared from her previous break ups, she says i'll get bored of her and she can't take the pain again :frown: Any advice you can give me that might convince her other wise?

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to reply to your PM! Sorry, it's just been so busy!

You just have to not pressure her into it and make her feel like you really care about her. I was like this before getting official with my bf and as soon as anyone starts pressuring me, I cut off. Just be patient and try to show her that you're into her and no one else. It might take a few months, but if you really like her then that's what you've got to do.

If you're not going to be in it for the long haul id just not bother but it sounds like you're serious so good luck and I hope it all works out for the best! :smile:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to reply to your PM! Sorry, it's just been so busy!

You just have to not pressure her into it and make her feel like you really care about her. I was like this before getting official with my bf and as soon as anyone starts pressuring me, I cut off. Just be patient and try to show her that you're into her and no one else. It might take a few months, but if you really like her then that's what you've got to do.

If you're not going to be in it for the long haul id just not bother but it sounds like you're serious so good luck and I hope it all works out for the best! :smile:

Don't worry :smile:
I told her I was cool being friends with her, then the one thing led to another and I told her I really liked her, she said it was mutual but she just wasn't ready yet to put her feeling on the line again, I said it's fine, I like to a hell of a lot and you're worth waiting for, I meant it. She's amazing.
Thank you for the advice, need I need to start my uni work and start playing poker, hope final years going your way Lindsay :smile:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Don't worry :smile:
I told her I was cool being friends with her, then the one thing led to another and I told her I really liked her, she said it was mutual but she just wasn't ready yet to put her feeling on the line again, I said it's fine, I like to a hell of a lot and you're worth waiting for, I meant it. She's amazing.
Thank you for the advice, need I need to start my uni work and start playing poker, hope final years going your way Lindsay :smile:

You've handled it really well, I'm sure she'll come around because you do seem like such a lovely guy!

It's going okay, a lot of work to do! Only got 1 more week in my job then I can really focus on my essays/dissertation. Was working Foxes/Ariana and The Rose last night in work, was a good gig! Can't wait to be done, though, so tired :lol:.
Going to start on Saturday 13th of December, the day after my final assignments are due in.

Original post by WhamBamJam.
Everyone would like to start earlier but it generally doesn't happen until other assignments are out the way! Focus on them but if you have a spare 15 minutes then go over a little something - it all helps! Don't beat yourself up if you don't have time!

My last assignment is due in on Monday so I'll start revising on Wednesday when I finish uni. :smile:

My last assignment isnt due until the 18th of December, but I'm going to try and finish it before so I can revise sooner.

----------

How would I reference lecture slides in an essay?? :confused:
Original post by Vitamin D
Really annoyed with myself right now. For biology we've had to use this thing online called peerwise and there's 4 deadlines for it throughout the semester. In the past 2 weeks I've missed the last 2 deadlines simply because I forgot about it so now I get an E grade worth 5% :frown: I know it's not the end of the world but I just feel so stupid for forgetting about it twice! Not having a good evening :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

make a note of the deadlines somewhere you cant fail to miss it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending