The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayquaza17
I've been accepted for a scholarship from my university for my project. :biggrin: I'm still waiting to hear from this external place I applied to, but it's so good knowing someone wants to pay me to do some maths!

Yay! Will i see you applying for PhDs next? :colone:
Original post by Slowbro93
Yay! Will i see you applying for PhDs next? :colone:

Hopefully! :biggrin:
Does anyone know how to generate an index in Word, automatically for all bolded words? I want to organise my notes even further, considering there's 103 pages of them.
Did a whole module in a week and now crashed and burnt. great start..
Got 400ish words off my last essay of the course to do, struggling to get motivated to finish it though
Seriously lacking motivation since finishing lectures, need to force myself to start revising tomorrow :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hoping to start revision on tuesday. need to finish molecular pathology, molecular genetics and immunology, hopefully i'll have all that done by the 1st of may, that it will allow me to use the rest of the time for revision and extra reading !
good luck to everyone!
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
hoping to start revision on tuesday. need to finish molecular pathology, molecular genetics and immunology, hopefully i'll have all that done by the 1st of may, that it will allow me to use the rest of the time for revision and extra reading !
good luck to everyone!

What subject do you study sounds like very sciency modules?
Original post by claireestelle
What subject do you study sounds like very sciency modules?

Biomedical Science, it is completely science!
Feeling a bit panicked. Lost a day today out of my planned time to write an essay. Got 2 days to finish it, reference and edit :s this isn't great given it's a masters essay, i wanted to be more organised with this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arguendo
Feeling a bit panicked. Lost a day today out of my planned time to write an essay. Got 2 days to finish it, reference and edit :s this isn't great given it's a masters essay, i wanted to be more organised with this one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote one of my masters essays in a day and its my best essay mark so far, despite spending nearly a week on some of the others.
Chapter 3 of my dissertation was completed on Friday, just proofreading today after a weekend of not looking at it. I've overshot the total of 10,000 words and I've still my conclusive chapter to write. I've got a LOT more editing in front of me, the worst part of the entire dissertation :frown: hopefully I'll be able to shave some unnecessary words away and get it all to make sense.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is feeling quite down about his PhD at the moment. I'm sure other PhD students are familiar with what he's feeling, as he's really frustrated with his work and now he's doubting his abilities to complete the 3 years. I'm sure once he focuses and stops worrying himself silly over it he'll manage to figure out what's wrong in his work but it's sad to see him go through this stress :frown:
Stress and more stress :frown:
Original post by jelly1000
I wrote one of my masters essays in a day and its my best essay mark so far, despite spending nearly a week on some of the others.

Well that's good to hear! This is worth 12.5% of my entire classification; I've been working on it for a month or so (we've had 4 months) so I'm feeling OK, but I want to do the best I can, and I guess I feel guilty for taking time out.

I'm also not really someone that can write consistently well in one long burst. I tend to top out at 1000 good words in a day - after that it all goes pear shaped, haha. I envy all those people who can, I think my concentration just goes to pot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arguendo
Well that's good to hear! This is worth 12.5% of my entire classification; I've been working on it for a month or so (we've had 4 months) so I'm feeling OK, but I want to do the best I can, and I guess I feel guilty for taking time out.

I'm also not really someone that can write consistently well in one long burst. I tend to top out at 1000 good words in a day - after that it all goes pear shaped, haha. I envy all those people who can, I think my concentration just goes to pot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah unless I have to I can't write that much, if I start an essay early it takes likes like a week to write. So I usually end up with at least one late night stressing.
Really need to start this essay...

Sending motivational vibes - don't be like me and panicking at last minute! :wink:

Luckily just had a huge burst of productivity and now have one subsection and conclusion left. Then got to go back through and add in some more analysis, edit to get under word count (mammoth task) and format references. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do it :hugs:
/--------------------------------

I did 2hrs on dissertation today and it looks like I'm taking a detour and change it from mixed methods to quantitative. My supervisor may just kill me.
Original post by SecretDuck
Does anyone know how to generate an index in Word, automatically for all bolded words? I want to organise my notes even further, considering there's 103 pages of them.

Just in case you are still in need of this:

http://word.tips.net/T000001_Putting_Bold_Words_in_an_Index.html
Original post by DasSnipez
Just in case you are still in need of this:

http://word.tips.net/T000001_Putting_Bold_Words_in_an_Index.html

Oh thank you! :biggrin:

I want my notes to be organised and this will make them so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending