The Student Room Group

Adult nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlo511
Yes I got an offer! The interview was one of my favourites but there was a lot of people there!

This is my top choice :smile: what were the mmi's like? Are u accepting?
Reply 381
Original post by Chlo511
Yes I got an offer! The interview was one of my favourites but there was a lot of people there!

Well done!! Is Kingston your first choice? :smile: How long did it take to hear back from them? I had my interview on 14th January and haven't heard back yet :smile:
Reply 382
Thank you! No it's not, but they only took 4 days for my reply (over the weekend) but I think we could have been the first group interviewed, they did say anywhere up to 2 weeks!
Original post by lydgidd
has anybody heard back from leeds beckett??? i sent off my application at the beginning of december and still not heard a thing

I sent off my application to Leeds Beckett just before Christmas and they have not even acknowledged receipt although UCAS track says they sent it. Think I am going to get in touch with them.
Don't forget the interview process is also about just affirming you have chose my the right course also, being quiet etc or not given your star answer in that environment isn't essentially the most important thing.. I went to interview being as stated above male, older, no experience and still in the Army doing a job so removed from nursing you wouldn't believe and was offered a place studying Adult and Mental health at Oxford. So keep fingers crossed people it's not all about knowing acronyms and buzz words it's just being you....your personal statement should tell them what they need etc and in my interview no grammar or numbers to play with just group task and interview all done at ease and relaxed. Hope this helps others who look at in later in similar situ's
Does being a male applying for the nursing course bare any advantage over the majority female applicants into the same?
Original post by GoingForward
I sent off my application to Leeds Beckett just before Christmas and they have not even acknowledged receipt although UCAS track says they sent it. Think I am going to get in touch with them.

Was just about to post this! So weird that there've not even sent acknowledgement emails :confused:
Reply 387
Good luck for tomorrow might see you there :smile: xx
Reply 388
Original post by Lucyc87
I've just been trying to look at current issues (there was a really good nhs debate on channel 5 the other evening) and been looking at sample test papers.

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by Fr1997
Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Thankyou and you! :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by Lucyc87
How was your interview???

Sorry im only seeing this, I got rejected but it wasn't my first choice. It was okay, the maths was hard and im good at it normally, make sure you know percentages and mgs! Lots of people failed the tests. English was easy they wanted me to write 2 paragraphs on why I wanted to be a nurse, find spelling mistakes and read a paragraph. (20mins each)

I passed the tests and went on to the next stage. Group interview was good had to watch a video and discuss it (make sure you interact etc smile) they observe everything.

The interview is were I messed up and I knew I was getting rejected. They asked questions on the 6cs. For example commitment and courage. In my opinion it was hard as i wasnt prepared for questions as to how they wanted me to respond, but just make sure your relate to your experiences. It is a nice uni but it wasnt for me, goodluck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by janec1
Sorry im only seeing this, I got rejected but it wasn't my first choice. It was okay, the maths was hard and im good at it normally, make sure you know percentages and mgs! Lots of people failed the tests. English was easy they wanted me to write 2 paragraphs on why I wanted to be a nurse, find spelling mistakes and read a paragraph. (20mins each)

I passed the tests and went on to the next stage. Group interview was good had to watch a video and discuss it (make sure you interact etc smile) they observe everything.

The interview is were I messed up and I knew I was getting rejected. They asked questions on the 6cs. For example commitment and courage. In my opinion it was hard as i wasnt prepared for questions as to how they wanted me to respond, but just make sure your relate to your experiences. It is a nice uni but it wasnt for me, goodluck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God you've made me even more nervous lol. Are u allowed a calculator in the maths test? How long was it after until you heard from them?
Reply 392
Original post by Lucyc87
Oh God you've made me even more nervous lol. Are u allowed a calculator in the maths test? How long was it after until you heard from them?

Don't be! They're really nice the staff, and no unfortunately, once you finish both tests they do the welcome talk. After they call names to leave the room (I was first and thought I failed lol) and they brought me to a table. The people who didnt pass were left to last and told. I heard within 2 days. You'll be fine! There was a good amount of others there and everyone is really welcoming

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by janec1
Don't be! They're really nice the staff, and no unfortunately, once you finish both tests they do the welcome talk. After they call names to leave the room (I was first and thought I failed lol) and they brought me to a table. The people who didnt pass were left to last and told. I heard within 2 days. You'll be fine! There was a good amount of others there and everyone is really welcoming

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. I did a test at Middlesex on Saturday and was allowed a calculator. Not being allowed one scares me lol. How many questions were in your face to face interview? Sorry for all the questions. And also what time were you done by?
Reply 394
Original post by Lucyc87
Ah okay. I did a test at Middlesex on Saturday and was allowed a calculator. Not being allowed one scares me lol. How many questions were in your face to face interview? Sorry for all the questions. And also what time were you done by?

Aw have you had any offers yet? :smile: and same lol! No it's fine! There was 4, dignity, respect, 6cs and stressful situations/critism they focus around mostly I think. Mine was from 10.15-13.30 and I was one of the first to be interviewed so could be longer depending on if your near the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I withdrew from Lincoln as I live so far away and were offered places at uni's I preferred. They were so helpful sorting out interview dates though. They offered my three alternative dates when I could make two of them because of other interview dates :smile: have you had an interview with them?
Original post by janec1
Aw have you had any offers yet? :smile: and same lol! No it's fine! There was 4, dignity, respect, 6cs and stressful situations/critism they focus around mostly I think. Mine was from 10.15-13.30 and I was one of the first to be interviewed so could be longer depending on if your near the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet, I need to pass the Middlesex test to get a interview so should hear in next few days. Ahh okay, I've been a hca for 6 years so hoping that will help me in interview. They must expect people to be nervous though. Ah okay, hopefully not too long. I didn't realise how stressful this whole process would be :/ Thankyou again for your advice :smile:
Hi have you heard back from Sheffield?? I'm waiting and it's driving me mad :-( x x
Original post by missknowlese
I applied to Sheffield Hallam like, middle of January, and i still haven't heard back from them!
But i have had an interview and offer from Derby...

Still nervous about Hallam though!

Good luck! x

I applied for Hallam 17th December and not heard anything yet!! Feel sick waiting x
Original post by Natilly86
I applied for Hallam 17th December and not heard anything yet!! Feel sick waiting x

I too applied in December and didn't hear back from Hallam until about a week ago - seems they're just a bit slower than the rest, shouldn't worry about it! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending