The Student Room Group

How well are you meant to do at the start of A-levels?

I've been consistently getting Bs and Cs across physics, maths and further maths (with some As in maths) and then As and one A* (94%) in German so far. I'm a bit concerned about my other grades though and would love any good tips on improving them? Does it really matter at this stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
I've been consistently getting Bs and Cs across physics, maths and further maths (with some As in maths) and then As and one A* (94%) in German so far. I'm a bit concerned about my other grades though and would love any good tips on improving them? Does it really matter at this stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At this stage last year in Geography I was on an E/D, and my eventual AS grade was a high B, this is the time now to look at what you need to do to improve, best doing it now rather than later, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was literally failing maths most of the AS year getting E's and D's.. started trying month before the exams and got an A (91%)..
I really wouldn't worry about what you're getting on random tests in class as long as you know you can understand it before the exam it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's considerably better than most people in my classes were doing at this point! You want to be getting the kind of grades you're aiming for by easter-ish though.
at the beginning of AS i consistently got Cs and Ds in geography and business, then got a C for geography and a B in business in the mocks and finally got A's in my exam! so don't worry, it will all come with practice. the advise which worked for me was doing as much past papers as i could find
At this stage last year for AS I was getting U and E in Maths, E and D in Biology and Physics and somehow mostly A in Chemistry.

Got 4 As at the end. :rolleyes:
These are all some wonderful success stories but I'm afraid I don't seem to show upward streaks a lot of the time! In my GCSE mocks last year I got 7 A*s, 2 As and a B and only improved that to 8 A*s and 2 As for the real thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are all some wonderful success stories but I'm afraid I don't seem to show upward streaks a lot of the time! In my GCSE mocks last year I got 7 A*s, 2 As and a B and only improved that to 8 A*s and 2 As for the real thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 5 A's,3 B's and a D at GCSES.Worked a little harder.Got predicted 4 A's at AS levels(Got 4 A's in my mocks) but ended up with an A and 3 B's(Following the CIE board).

Quick Reply

Latest