The Student Room Group

What could this dream possibly mean? Heroin injection at UCL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Until you wake up, you are.

What is your problem dude. UCL is a very good university, but there are plenty of people from UCL on TSR. It's not like I'm the only one. Did you not get in to UCL? Also, it's not like UCL students cannot dream about hard drugs or have bad vocabulary and/or grammar. You'd be surprised how many of them did drugs at some point in their lives but remain academically successful, it's not like these two things are mutually exclusive.

You wanna go to war? I'll take you to war.
lets face it this was never going to be a serious thread.
Reply 22
how do you know it was heroin, have you done it before?
Reply 23
Original post by OrcFromOrgrimmar
What is your problem dude. UCL is a very good university, but there are plenty of people from UCL on TSR. It's not like I'm the only one. Did you not get in to UCL? Also, it's not like UCL students cannot dream about hard drugs or have bad vocabulary and/or grammar. You'd be surprised how many of them did drugs at some point in their lives but remain academically successful, it's not like these two things are mutually exclusive.

You wanna go to war? I'll take you to war.

Not a great choice of words, given the time of year. I'm not sure you even know what war is.
Hi, let me make it as concise as possible.

I had the following dream last night:

It was a hot day at UCL and my Polish friend (Economics guy, IB intern, who I admire in real life on the one hand for hard work ethic, but hate for being stuck up douche on the other) informed me about some charity party-like event. It was 2 tube stations away and about 6 minutes walk from Russell Square tube station. So went there, but separately. On my way there I met his friend, a Jewish guy from Poland (I don't know whether it's relevant for dream interpretation but these two often compete with each other). The Jew didn't like me; I got the impression that he thought I was a pussy and he was embarrassed to be seen with me when we arrived at the place.

Anyway, once we arrived there, it was like a set of pubs with lots of London students. Suddenly a girl that the Jew knew in real life (I don't know her) pulled me and some other two guys (who I don't know either) and said that we are not manly enough and that we should man up. She said I should go to her car with her, so I went.

Now, I had like a 2-minute blackout within this dream and I could not remember entering the car with her. We were already on our way back. I felt extremely high and I began to lose consciousness as minutes past. I looked at my arm and I saw that she injected heroin (I just knew it was heroin in this dream) without my knowledge whatsoever (I had this 2 minute blackout). I was feeling extremely vulnerable and high so I wanted to go back to UCL, but literally noone understood what was happening, the Jew and the Pole disappeared, the girl was high herself. I could not catch any breath so I woke up screaming and immiediately checked my arm to make sure I was okay.

How would you interpret this dream and why? Thank you for your help to those of you who are familiar with dream psychology.

The fact that you went to a party recommended to you by your friend whom symbolizes someone more ambitious (perhaps more able?) than you could mean that the two of you share the same goals.

The other friend could point out your feeling of inferiority in the competition within the process of achieving the given goals.

Drugs might symbolise your fear of dropping out of competition, or being a subject of sabotage by your competitors.

Altogether, your dream is basically about the competitive environment you live in and the fact that you subconsciously label these people rivals rather than friends.
Original post by Kaiju
how do you know it was heroin, have you done it before?

It's just something you know without any empirical evidence in your dreams. You just know something when you dream about it.

No I have never done heroin and don't know much about it. I am not tempted to try it at all. I think this was the first time I dreamed about heroin, ever. In the actual dream I could not see the process of injection because I had this blackout, I had no idea when I took it and how it happened.

It was a hot day at UCL and my Polish friend (Economics guy, IB intern, who I admire in real life on the one hand for hard work ethic, but hate for being stuck up douche on the other) informed me about some charity party-like event. It was 2 tube stations away and about 6 minutes walk from Russell Square tube station. So went there, but separately. On my way there I met his friend, a Jewish guy from Poland (I don't know whether it's relevant for dream interpretation but these two often compete with each other). The Jew didn't like me; I got the impression that he thought I was a pussy and he was embarrassed to be seen with me when we arrived at the place.

Anyway, once we arrived there, it was like a set of pubs with lots of London students. Suddenly a girl that the Jew knew in real life (I don't know her) pulled me and some other two guys (who I don't know either) and said that we are not manly enough and that we should man up. She said I should go to her car with her, so I went.

Now, I had like a 2-minute blackout within this dream and I could not remember entering the car with her. We were already on our way back. I felt extremely high and I began to lose consciousness as minutes past. I looked at my arm and I saw that she injected heroin(I just knew it was heroin in this dream) without my knowledge whatsoever (I had this 2 minute blackout). I was feeling extremely vulnerable and high so I wanted to go back to UCL, but literally noone understood what was happening, the Jew and the Pole disappeared, the girl was high herself. I could not catch any breath so I woke up screaming and immediately checked my arm to make sure I was okay.

How would you interpret this dream and why? Thank you for your help to those of you who are familiar with dream psychology.

To be honest, I think there is a recurring theme of feeling inadequate and being controlled. It shouldn't really predict anything though becuase you control you own destiny, you are the decider of your own fate and noone can change who you are!! ( wow that sounded like the uplifting part of a film:biggrin::biggrin:) So don't worry about it, have a coffee or hot chocolate, light a candlelight,take a shower and a double massage, meditate and try Tai Chi and just relax. Release yourself from social pressures or interpretations, trends and media influences.....

Either that or the matrix is real:wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Now, I had like a 2-minute blackout within this dream and I could not remember entering the car with her. We were already on our way back. I felt extremely high and I began to lose consciousness as minutes past. I looked at my arm and I saw that she injected heroin (I just knew it was heroin in this dream) without my knowledge whatsoever (I had this 2 minute blackout). I was feeling extremely vulnerable and high so I wanted to go back to UCL, but literally noone understood what was happening, the Jew and the Pole disappeared, the girl was high herself. I could not catch any breath so I woke up screaming and immiediately checked my arm to make sure I was okay.

The point is that the selection of these totally random stuff reflects our desires, fears, and our subconscious thoughts that can make sense when interpreted correctly.

No, it does not. There is no such thing as objective interpretation of dreams.
it means you should have have gone to Cambridge
LOL who dreams about Poles and Jews? What is your problem man?

Quick Reply

Latest