The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL biology unit 6 coursework 6BIO6

Hi guys,
for anyone who is currently or has already done this do you have any advice on what to include in our reports and how to go about it in each sections?
e.g research and rationale/ planning etc.

Our teachers have only given us the mark scheme and expect us to do the rest, so not sure if what i'm doing is ticking all the right boxes.

I am experimenting the effect of ethylene on fruit ripening, and i'm currently trying to work on writing my 'planning' section,

any advice/examples are appreciated!!!
Original post by annamartin
Hi guys,
for anyone who is currently or has already done this do you have any advice on what to include in our reports and how to go about it in each sections?
e.g research and rationale/ planning etc.

Our teachers have only given us the mark scheme and expect us to do the rest, so not sure if what i'm doing is ticking all the right boxes.

I am experimenting the effect of ethylene on fruit ripening, and i'm currently trying to work on writing my 'planning' section,

any advice/examples are appreciated!!!

Would you be able to share the ms? If you do, I may be able to help :smile:
Reply 3
Hey,Sorry for the hijack. I am still doing the 2008 course andwas wondering whether anyone can help me for my unit 6.Our school has only allowed students to do fieldwork for thecoursework and it is boring as hell. So I was asked if I was able to change ita bit and do some antibiotic studies as well. Now this is where I need yourhelp.My project is: Antiseptic effect of Moss- is it the acid oranother chemical inside that has the effect (obviously actual title notfinalised, just had to make something for you guys to understand).Moss DOES have an antiseptic effect, a few studies are doneon this but I have checked, been in contact with people who have done thestudies (LinkedIn) and they have all told me that nobody knows the exactmechanism by which moss is antiseptic.So, my study is to see whether it’s the acidity and thatreaction with bacteria that cause the antiseptic effect or whether it’s anotherchemical in the moss that has an unknown mechanism. All the practical elements are sound, relatively complex andI should get the marks for that. What I am worried about is writing my research andrationale- how do I get top marks when I don't have a clue what the chemicalcould be if it is in fact not the acidity of the moss that causes theantiseptic properties? Is there a way to get around this or should i choseanother topic. Cheers guys :smile: feedback would be MUCH appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest