The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

This is weird.....

I got my timetable for aston uni since i got thru now and according to the timetable we only get 2 weeks off for holidays :eek: :eek: and we keep going uni with just 2 weeks hols (@ christmas time) , so in other words we keep going uni for 2 terms with just 2 week holidays in between wtf :mad:

this does clearly not reflect on the term dates, because:

First Term
1 October to 16 December 2006

Second Term
10 January to 24 March 2007

Third Term
15 April to 12 June 2007*

but we keep going from the 1st term and 2nd term with just 2 week hols in between and that does not show on the term dates,,,,, so am i wrong or am i right? any1 else can help pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Your list up there seems right compared to last year. The first week back after Christmas is exams if that's any help
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
thnzx, but is it true that we just get 2 weeks off? if thats a yes then whoa thas crap lol
I think there were 3 last year and isn't 16th December to 10th January 3 weeks?
Reply 4
I don’t think its that bad, most working people only get a week if that off, and you have to remember we’re only doing around 14 hours a week! Just think of the big summer holiday.
Indeed! It's been about 5 months since I had a lesson!
Reply 6
J4ME5
I don’t think its that bad, most working people only get a week if that off, and you have to remember we’re only doing around 14 hours a week! Just think of the big summer holiday.

yeh but that depends on the course u do really, im doing 16.7 hours with no day off i mean look at bham uni, they like give students off 1 day for private study so aston is like gay to my final conclusion
Reply 7
lol Then so is Oxford and Cambridge im told they do 6 day weeks!!
I had a three day week in my first term last year! Admittedly I had my 8 hour Mondays.....
Reply 9
I've never had a convinient timetabled day off, bastards.
Reply 10
Matt - if you can't fit in private study around less than 3 1/2 hrs a day average timetabled time your not really interested in doing private study.

You are gettin 3 1/2 weeks off at Xmas - yes this may be 1/2 week less than other unis but the reason for this is so that the January exams aren't all packed in to 1 week (surely you'd agree that is a good thing). You do not need more than 3 weeks off at Easter given that there are 2 weeks after Easter which are still teaching periods (or in reality revision lectures) so you can start revising at Easter and then go back and seek help if needed from tutors and lecturers.

Then comes the really good part - you break up for summer a lot earlier than virtually every other uni in the country. So more time to relax or in most students' cases earn some money to cover the debt of uni.

Personally, I struggle to see where your problem is.

Latest