The Student Room Group

Is emailing an old teacher weird?

I'm in my first year of university and when I was in year 11 I had this teacher that really helped me when I was an anxious wreck over exams. I never really got to thank them properly and I still feel guilty about it today. Do you think sending them a quick email them just to thank them would be weird?
I don't think it's weird! I'm sure an email from an ex-student thanking them would be the highlight of their day/week :smile:

My teachers in Sixth Form actively encouraged us to let them know how we're doing at Uni.

It'll only get weird if you start getting flirty 😂 But I doubt that's your intention.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my first year of university and when I was in year 11 I had this teacher that really helped me when I was an anxious wreck over exams. I never really got to thank them properly and I still feel guilty about it today. Do you think sending them a quick email them just to thank them would be weird?

Not weird at all. In fact, I'd go a step further to deliver a card. But that's just me. If you are going to email, play full-out!
Naruto.jpeg
Not at all! My teachers in sixth form love talking about the updates they get from past students
I don't think it is weird at all.
Ive just started uni and I stay in touch with my teacher. She helped me a lot throughout sixth form as I had anxiety etc. And I got her a gift when I left and i even asked if we could stay in touch and she agreed:smile:
It's hard not to stay in touch with someone whose made a positive impact on your life and has helped you to come out of your shell (that was my teacher anyways)
And I am honestly so grateful still.

So don't worry it's not weird at all-in fact you'll put a smile on her face so go ahead!
Reply 5
Thanks guys :smile:

I don't have their exact email so do you think it'll be okay if I just send it to the school's general email and ask them to forward it?
Thanks guys :smile:

I don't have their exact email so do you think it'll be okay if I just send it to the school's general email and ask them to forward it?

You should know their school email, it’s the same structure for each teacher.

i emailed 2 of my teachers and they were very happy to hear about how I was doing in uni :smile:
Reply 7
Not at all! I'm in contact with various teachers from school/college and now uni. I've just embarked on a masters and had my old secondary school pe teacher text me out of the blue. I did have her number but she moved abroad and we lost contact. Apparently other teachers had informed her of my current progress amd she wanted to congratulate me. I believe your school would also pass on the message. I think most teachers like hearing from former students to see how they've progressed. Goodluck! I've ended up being friends with quite a few of my old teachers 😂
Reply 8
"is falling in love with my old teacher weird?" ...:colondollar:
i agree with the person who said send a card. i once sent a thank you card to an old college teacher of mine although thats because she was giving me a reference for my uni and gave me her home address to send my admission papers to so i also sent her a thank you card as well. really sealed the deal cos she gave me a frigging good reference as the uni accepted me!

[video="youtube;UquY2e6QkqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UquY2e6QkqI[/video]
Original post by KeirCKF
"is falling in love with my old teacher weird?" ...:colondollar:

I ensure you that that's not the case :eek:
Not weird at all! If you email them let us know how it goes. I had this teacher at college who told me about the university I ended up at. After my first year I went to see him to say thank you.
Original post by Profesh
[video="youtube;UquY2e6QkqI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UquY2e6QkqI[/video]

Nice video thanks for sharing :smile:
Original post by MrMusician95
Not weird at all! If you email them let us know how it goes. I had this teacher at college who told me about the university I ended up at. After my first year I went to see him to say thank you.

Will do! Aw that's so nice :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #2
I don't think it is weird at all.
Ive just started uni and I stay in touch with my teacher. She helped me a lot throughout sixth form as I had anxiety etc. And I got her a gift when I left and i even asked if we could stay in touch and she agreed:smile:
It's hard not to stay in touch with someone whose made a positive impact on your life and has helped you to come out of your shell (that was my teacher anyways)
And I am honestly so grateful still.

So don't worry it's not weird at all-in fact you'll put a smile on her face so go ahead!

how do you stay in touch? and what’s the frequency? i want to stay in touch and am trying to figure out how best to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending