The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Art digital art portfolio - how does this thing work?

Anyone else applying and has got the notice for the digital blog/portfolio thing for LICA? Moreover, do you have the 7-day deadline?

The portfolio instructions are rather sparse, so will we get judged on the format/appearance of the blog itself as well as the art? How would you think best to set it out, including colour and layout of blog, and the order of the pieces?
ALSO, how much should be written for each piece? I only plan to put the size and materials, perhaps not even the name of the piece. Is that good or no?

Would appreciate any help or advice on the matter - tips from Lancaster art students, who've gone through this process, would be so welcome.
(Also, how do I make it rad in general?) Am v stressed. It's for fine art, btw.
Thanks!
Original post by lo-li-ta
Anyone else applying and has got the notice for the digital blog/portfolio thing for LICA? Moreover, do you have the 7-day deadline?

The portfolio instructions are rather sparse, so will we get judged on the format/appearance of the blog itself as well as the art? How would you think best to set it out, including colour and layout of blog, and the order of the pieces?
ALSO, how much should be written for each piece? I only plan to put the size and materials, perhaps not even the name of the piece. Is that good or no?

Would appreciate any help or advice on the matter - tips from Lancaster art students, who've gone through this process, would be so welcome.
Thanks!

I just got my offer today and submitted on the 3rd of November. I just put all the images on one post and wrote the title and year for each piece underneath it. Other than that I didn't pay attention to the background (I don't think they would be interested).

Good luck!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lo-li-ta

Thanks!

My daughter applied for Fine Art at Lancs, got the notice for the digital art portfolio on the 3rd November, with a deadline for the 10th, and she returned it on Sunday 9th. Yesterday she got the offer from them of ABB - she is pretty chuffed. She has another from Reading for 80 UCAS points, and I think she aims to submit her portfolio for Edinburgh and Newcastle soon.

I think she worked on the theory that they are judging the art, not the blog, so just used one of the standard options, with a white background. She put each picture on a separate page, and put a table at the bottom of each page, with the title, media, size and a description of what inspired her and what she was hoping to achieve with the picture. A couple had been exhibited, so she included that with them.

She was helped by the fact that she was applying for Oxford too (no interview :frown: ) with a deadline of the 7th, so she had already got all the pictures and text together.

I hope that helps a bit, and you are not too stressed by it all. Remember to breathe!
Original post by bb193
My daughter applied for Fine Art at Lancs, got the notice for the digital art portfolio on the 3rd November, with a deadline for the 10th, and she returned it on Sunday 9th. Yesterday she got the offer from them of ABB - she is pretty chuffed. She has another from Reading for 80 UCAS points, and I think she aims to submit her portfolio for Edinburgh and Newcastle soon.

I think she worked on the theory that they are judging the art, not the blog, so just used one of the standard options, with a white background. She put each picture on a separate page, and put a table at the bottom of each page, with the title, media, size and a description of what inspired her and what she was hoping to achieve with the picture. A couple had been exhibited, so she included that with them.

She was helped by the fact that she was applying for Oxford too (no interview :frown: ) with a deadline of the 7th, so she had already got all the pictures and text together.

I hope that helps a bit, and you are not too stressed by it all. Remember to breathe!

Congrats to her btw! What does she think of Lancaster then in terms of taking up the offer or not? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending