The Student Room Group

Spotting on the pill!

Hi everyone. I have been on levest (same as microginon for a good three years. In the last month I have had light spotting once or twice of a browny colour a few weeks apart. I was scared I was pregnant but my period came when it should. However it was a bit lighter than usual (normally my periods last 7 days even on the pill) but it lasted about five. So for two days I had no blood and assumed I had finished. So today a week since my period started I bled again weirdly and stil bleeding now so a good few hours. Anyone know if this is normal? I've never spotted before and I know I'm being paranoid but that's me!
It happens some times to some women. If you're worried, see your GP or a sexual health clinic.
If it's the first time it has happened, don't worry about it. It happens to quite a lot of females of all ages. If it does continue, hardens, or the colour darkens, seek medical advice but I wouldn't worry about it.
And btw I don't think it has anything to do with the pill. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The first month that I was on Levest I had spotting but it's been fine since then. It's probably just your body adjusting to the hormone levels.

Quick Reply

Latest