The Student Room Group

UEA, Sheffield or Liverpool for Psychology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by howyoudoin
Thanks. What about the atmosphere of the uni itself like the students, living on campus etc, since you said the actually city is quite dull.

Liverpool is far from a dull city!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. What about the atmosphere of the uni itself like the students, living on campus etc, since you said the actually city is quite dull.

we stayed at a hotel so we don't know but from the accommodation we visited for the open day, it looked much better and livelier i suppose...but im not 100% when you look at whichuni.com it states liverpool is the third best uni for nightlife so i guess it should be better than dull. :smile:
Original post by imdumbuneedhelp
we stayed at a hotel so we don't know but from the accommodation we visited for the open day, it looked much better and livelier i suppose...but im not 100% when you look at whichuni.com it states liverpool is the third best uni for nightlife so i guess it should be better than dull. :smile:

The night life isn't dull! I live here

There loads to do in the city too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Liverpool is incredible for night life! Its almost like it was designed for students!
Original post by IAmEchelon
The night life isn't dull! I live here

There loads to do in the city too
Posted from TSR Mobile

in comparion to were i live i would say the atmosphere is dull, i know theres loads of places to go and that but it lacks people when we went out on the night to pop world, soho and another club they barely had any people in them like in london watever day it is its packed every night..im just saying like its so unpopulated liverpool needs more people in the city both during day and night :tongue:
Reply 25
in comparion to were i live i would say the atmosphere is dull, i know theres loads of places to go and that but it lacks people when we went out on the night to pop world, soho and another club they barely had any people in them like in london watever day it is its packed every night..im just saying like its so unpopulated liverpool needs more people in the city both during day and night :tongue:

Well I guess its your opinion at the end of the day. What day did you go, and what time of year?

Soho is full of tourists on their hols.

Nobody ever goes to pop world or soho! That's why it was dull

And what day did you go out on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by o-glez
Well I guess its your opinion at the end of the day. What day did you go, and what time of year?

Mid september or october and i think it was tuesday night..
Nobody ever goes to pop world or soho! That's why it was dull

And what day did you go out on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so where do most students go to other than concert square? and we went out on tuesday i think....i know you will be like yeh its cos it was a tuesday night but in london and in newcastle its always live and you get that party vibe all week long..
Reply 30
Mid september or october and i think it was tuesday night..

I thought it might have been on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are always dead!
Original post by o-glez
I thought it might have been on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are always dead!

yeah thats what i mean my experience for nightlife was pretty **** so yeh but still when i compare it to newcastle and london to where i have been out on tuesday nights they are like packed full of students like it would be on a friday night so yeh...
(edited 9 years ago)
I have a conditional offer from both the University of Liverpool and the University of East Anglia - I'm just waiting on Sheffield :frown:
EDIT: Sheffield rejected me. :frown:
I really don't know which of these uni's I wanna go to, and it would be so helpful if anyone, preferably if you have applied to these uni's too, to give me some advice? Or any previous students that have been to these uni's. I'm just stressed out about wanting to move out and I don't know much about what the areas are like, social life etc.

Hey, I was just wondering what was the reason for your rejection from Sheffield? Was it because your predicted grades were too low? I've applied and kind of scared about not getting a place
Reply 33
Original post by melissadawson
Hey, I was just wondering what was the reason for your rejection from Sheffield? Was it because your predicted grades were too low? I've applied and kind of scared about not getting a place

Hey, It was nothing to do with my predicted grades. They actually sent me an email saying that 'although your application is very strong, we would recommend you apply for a different course'. I cant remember what they said exactly but it was a course to do with language/speech of science. I guess they didn't see me as very suitable for psychology. I told them thank you but I want to study psychology so I understand if my application will now be withdrawn/rejected. Technically I rejected them :biggrin: but I really didn't want to do anything other than psychology. I dont think they'll reject you if your predicted grades are fine and if you have a strong personal statement. I hope this helped and best of luck :smile:
Hey, It was nothing to do with my predicted grades. They actually sent me an email saying that 'although your application is very strong, we would recommend you apply for a different course'. I cant remember what they said exactly but it was a course to do with language/speech of science. I guess they didn't see me as very suitable for psychology. I told them thank you but I want to study psychology so I understand if my application will now be withdrawn/rejected. Technically I rejected them :biggrin: but I really didn't want to do anything other than psychology. I dont think they'll reject you if your predicted grades are fine and if you have a strong personal statement. I hope this helped and best of luck :smile:

What did you write your personal statement about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
What did you write your personal statement about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote how I love reading and researching different psychological experiments and studies etc. I talked about how I currently do sociology too which is similar in some ways and that we also discuss psychology in our sociology lessons when relevant. I guess I might have gone too much into detail about my other subjects (media, sociology) even though I related it to psychology at times. I guess there are stronger applicants that actually do subjects like biology/chemistry and it puts them in a better position for a place on their psychology course.
I wrote how I love reading and researching different psychological experiments and studies etc. I talked about how I currently do sociology too which is similar in some ways and that we also discuss psychology in our sociology lessons when relevant. I guess I might have gone too much into detail about my other subjects (media, sociology) even though I related it to psychology at times. I guess there are stronger applicants that actually do subjects like biology/chemistry and it puts them in a better position for a place on their psychology course.

That doesn't make sense as to why they offered you a language course, I thought you might of wrote about kids learning to talk or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
That doesn't make sense as to why they offered you a language course, I thought you might of wrote about kids learning to talk or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I have no idea too. Maybe they were just trying to be polite by giving me another option. It's pretty stupid though and I'm obviously not going to be going there anyway :wink:
Haha I have no idea too. Maybe they were just trying to be polite by giving me another option. It's pretty stupid though and I'm obviously not going to be going there anyway :wink:

Ahhh well! It's their loss

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Ahhh well! It's their loss

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA (got my conditional offer), Brunel and Goldsmiths. I feel like Brunel is just a waste of a choice since now I've definitely decided to move out. I don't really wanna change it now anyway just in case. Plus I'm pretty firm on Liverpool now :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest