The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Psychology at UEA or Liverpool

Poll

Psychology at UEA or Liverpool?

I’ve applied to study psychogly at university and am trying to decide my firm choice. I am torn between UEA and Liverpool. I have attended the applicant day at UEA but cannot attend the Liverpool one due to Covid-19. There are aspects about both unis that’s I like but I am torn between them both. What I find difficult is really gathering an idea as to what the unis are truly like (every university is going to make it look it’s best). Therefore, I’d like some really honest opinions, if you have studied psychology at either of these - both the good and bad parts. Would you recommend studying psychology there? What makes it stand out/why should I pick it. Or even if you don’t study psychology could you tell me about your experience? I understand Liverpool is a Russel group and I prefer being in the city and love Liverpool itself but UEA has a friendly vibe which I like and has a higher league table score for psychology itself but isnt significantly higher than Liverpool but at the same time UEA feels like it could be quite isolating by being a small campus far from the city (i love being close and being able to walk to things). And what about the labs/tech available? Thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey I am second year psych at UEA. You can always PM me questions :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by renlossa
I’ve applied to study psychogly at university and am trying to decide my firm choice. I am torn between UEA and Liverpool. I have attended the applicant day at UEA and will be attending the Liverpool one. There are aspects about both unis that’s I like but I am torn between them both. What I find difficult is really gathering an idea as to what the unis are truly like (every university is going to make it look it’s best). Therefore, I’d like some really honest opinions, if you have studied psychology at either of these - both the good and bad parts. Would you recommend studying psychology there? What makes it stand out/why should I pick it. Or even if you don’t study psychology could you tell me about your experience? I understand Liverpool is a Russel group and I prefer being in the city and love Liverpool itself but UEA has a friendly vibe which I like and has a higher league table score for psychology itself but isnt significantly higher than Liverpool but at the same time UEA feels like it could be quite isolating by being a small campus far from the city (i love being close and being able to walk to things). And what about the labs/tech available? Thank you!

Hi @renlossa
I'm a first year politics student at UEA and have absolutely loved it. When I went to the applicant day I also noticed how friendly it seemed and now having been at UEA for a year that atmosphere is not put on for the applicant days- it's just how UEA is. I really enjoy my course but I think my experience here has been made up of the things UEA offers that are outside of your course. There are so many clubs and societies that you can join even if you have no previous experience. UEA campus does not feel that isolated from the city, it's a 15-20 minute bus or a 35 minute walk, and you get a really nice community feel on campus. Also everything on campus is really close- which is helpful when you are rushing to a 9am. The city itself is great- coming from London I thought it might feel too small but I've found everything I want and the city can be a nice change from campus.
If you have any other questions please let us know
Sophie
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by StormyOcean
Hey I am second year psych at UEA. You can always PM me questions :smile:

Hi Stormy Ocean what aspects did you like and didn't like when studying psychology at UEA :smile:
Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending