The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Some questions about Keele

Hello,

I have a few things to ask. I'm applying to Keele for the second time and I thought I might as well look into it more (Although I attended an open day early this year)

How is the social life at Keele? Is the SU very active?
How are new students who came this year finding Keele?
How is Keele for Joint Honours? Do you feel properly supported by lectures?
Are people finding the support and faculties for Biology at Keele good?

Thanks
theres loads of sports at keele, the sports centre has pretty much everything apart from a swimming pool but thats 10 mins down the road in newcastle under lyme. as for sports teams theres a whole list of them if you take a look at the Students union website under societies and AU http://www.kusu.net/

In Newcastle, which is closest they have a Revs, a few really good pubs and a couple of tiny clubs which play mostly chart stuff. In Hanley there's a Liquid which plays chart/dance/cheesy depending on which night you go and which floor you're on. They have a Reflex if you want some really cheesy 80/90s stuff, lots of fun. Revs again, a few other clubs which stay open til bout 2, when everyone pours into Manhattan which has cheap drinks and stays open til 4. Once again, a few other good bars.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Youni-chan
Hello,

I have a few things to ask. I'm applying to Keele for the second time and I thought I might as well look into it more (Although I attended an open day early this year)

How is the social life at Keele? Is the SU very active?
How are new students who came this year finding Keele?
How is Keele for Joint Honours? Do you feel properly supported by lectures?
Are people finding the support and faculties for Biology at Keele good?

Thanks

Hi Youni-chan,

First of all, best of your luck in your application to Keele! I work as a representative on The Student Room for Keele University, but primarily I work as a Graduate Assistant in Residence Support.

If you have any questions about halls life, or halls accommodation questions, do let me know!

Personally, I find the SU a really active and vibrant place with lots of different entertainment nights throughout the year. I think the advantage to Keele being a campus university, despite having some accessible bars and clubs in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Hanley, is that it brings some really great acts and nights out to the Union, so students don't have to go far to guarantee a good night!
There are also plenty of societies to get involved with, which host their own entertainments around their interests. All of this is worth looking into to see what social life is life at Keele!

Unfortunately I can't say much about Biology, as I didn't study the subject, let's hope someone contributes to this thread to get back to you on that one! Do you have any other questions?

Illana

Quick Reply

Latest