The Student Room Group

Aston University for Product Design BSc??

hi guys,

as the title suggests what do you think of aston university for studying product design BSc??

also do you think the uni is good in general and how is the nightlife and social life there any good??

Original post by imdumbuneedhelp
hi guys,

as the title suggests what do you think of aston university for studying product design BSc??

also do you think the uni is good in general and how is the nightlife and social life there any good??

Hi there,

We have three product design courses on offer, BSc Transport Product Design, BSc Industrial Product Design and BSc Product Design And Management. I've linked each one to the unistats page so you can see things like student satisfaction, graduate salary and much more.

If you have any specific questions about Birmingham or Aston University i am also happy to help having lived in Birmingham all my life and graduated this summer. Unless you want me to just give you a general overview of nightlife available?

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

We have three product design courses on offer, BSc Transport Product Design, BSc Industrial Product Design and BSc Product Design And Management. I've linked each one to the unistats page so you can see things like student satisfaction, graduate salary and much more.

If you have any specific questions about Birmingham or Aston University i am also happy to help having lived in Birmingham all my life and graduated this summer. Unless you want me to just give you a general overview of nightlife available?

Josh

Hi Josh

Thanks for your help, Im looking to study product design and management at Aston, just some brief questions about how its like there? such as nightlife, is there a lot of crime? is Birmingham a diverse culture? does the uni have good links with major companies in the UK an overseas (like Nottingham, China and Malaysia)?

thanks pal!
Hi Josh

Thanks for your help, Im looking to study product design and management at Aston, just some brief questions about how its like there? such as nightlife, is there a lot of crime? is Birmingham a diverse culture? does the uni have good links with major companies in the UK an overseas (like Nottingham, China and Malaysia)?

thanks pal!

Nightlife - Birmingham has a brilliant scene for nightlife, for the more general super-clubs and pop music you have Broad Street with clubs like Gatecrasher, Walkabout, Risa and Bliss which cover a wide range of pop music, EDM and R 'n' B and Hip-Hop. There are also retro clubs such as Reflex and Pop World which specialize in 80's 90's and 00's chart cheese. There is also a scene for Indie music with nights at the O2 Academy and Snobs in the Horsefair area. Away from all that there is also a healthy rock scene around Hockley with Eddies on Livery Street and Uprawr on Hampton Street.

Crime - I'm sure you can check stats for this on a number of websites but speaking from personal experience i have lived in Birmingham for 22 years and have never been effected by crime anywhere in the area. Nor has it directly effect any of my friends. But obviously with any major city you have to be a little bit street smart and have a bit of common sense about you.

Diversity - Birmingham is massively diverse as a city as Aston is as a university. We have a number of societies for students wishing to connect with people of similar backgrounds and create a home away from home, to religious groups, cultural groups or even groups based on UK counties, you will find someone you can relate to here.

Industrial Links - Aston has fantastic industrial links with a number of multi-national companies. Such as IBM, Jaguar, Rolls Royce and Intel along with various partnerships with international universities.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

Josh
Thanks a lot, you have reassured me to apply to this uni :biggrin:
By any chance do you how the facilities are like especially for my course (product design and management)?

Nightlife - Birmingham has a brilliant scene for nightlife, for the more general super-clubs and pop music you have Broad Street with clubs like Gatecrasher, Walkabout, Risa and Bliss which cover a wide range of pop music, EDM and R 'n' B and Hip-Hop. There are also retro clubs such as Reflex and Pop World which specialize in 80's 90's and 00's chart cheese. There is also a scene for Indie music with nights at the O2 Academy and Snobs in the Horsefair area. Away from all that there is also a healthy rock scene around Hockley with Eddies on Livery Street and Uprawr on Hampton Street.

Crime - I'm sure you can check stats for this on a number of websites but speaking from personal experience i have lived in Birmingham for 22 years and have never been effected by crime anywhere in the area. Nor has it directly effect any of my friends. But obviously with any major city you have to be a little bit street smart and have a bit of common sense about you.

Diversity - Birmingham is massively diverse as a city as Aston is as a university. We have a number of societies for students wishing to connect with people of similar backgrounds and create a home away from home, to religious groups, cultural groups or even groups based on UK counties, you will find someone you can relate to here.

Industrial Links - Aston has fantastic industrial links with a number of multi-national companies. Such as IBM, Jaguar, Rolls Royce and Intel along with various partnerships with international universities.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

Josh
Thanks a lot, you have reassured me to apply to this uni :biggrin:
By any chance do you how the facilities are like especially for my course (product design and management)?

We have a wide range of facilities at Aston, from brand new lecture theaters, labs and study spaces. Unfortunately i did a Psychology and Sociology degree so i can't give you a first hand run down of how Product Design is and how the facilities for it are. I would suggest the best course of action is to come to an open day and have a look round the facilities for yourself.
yeh thanks!!
I think there are no more open days for this year left and i need to choose my firm and insurance as soon as i get all my offer back so yeh :/
We have a wide range of facilities at Aston, from brand new lecture theaters, labs and study spaces. Unfortunately i did a Psychology and Sociology degree so i can't give you a first hand run down of how Product Design is and how the facilities for it are. I would suggest the best course of action is to come to an open day and have a look round the facilities for yourself.
yeh thanks!!
I think there are no more open days for this year left and i need to choose my firm and insurance as soon as i get all my offer back so yeh :/

Apologies, our open days for 2014 ran in September and October, however i'm sure everyone will be welcoming if you do pop down to have a look around on a regular day, plus you can get some Christmas shopping done in the Bullring and kill two birds with one stone. :smile:
Haha thanks man will pop down sometime soon then!! :biggrin:
Apologies, our open days for 2014 ran in September and October, however i'm sure everyone will be welcoming if you do pop down to have a look around on a regular day, plus you can get some Christmas shopping done in the Bullring and kill two birds with one stone. :smile:

I have a question regarding the course I want to study at Aston (Product Design and Management) is this degree accredited?
I have a question regarding the course I want to study at Aston (Product Design and Management) is this degree accredited?

Yes our degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED)

Quick Reply

Latest