The Student Room Group

What makes a genius?

Discuss.
Reply 1
Someone capable of solving complex problems in a relatively short amount of time; being able to memorise and retain information for life; possessing more knowledge than the average person; and having the ability to learn rapidly in new fields.

That's probably a general definition of what a genius constitutes.
Some one who can answer stupid stubborn people without getting angry . But being serious i guess anyone who excels at something above others and who also has novel ideas.
Brainywainy.
NZT-48
Original post by Evening
Someone capable of solving complex problems in a relatively short amount of time; being able to memorise and retain information for life; possessing more knowledge than the average person; and having the ability to learn rapidly in new fields.

That's probably a general definition of what a genius constitutes.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
According to most of the signatures I have seen, about half of TSR apparently.
Someone who has an acute intellectual talent, giving them insights which others might not ever uncover.

Ramanujan was the archetypal genius, as far as I'm concerned.
A genius should be some who can understand how the average person responds to different types of questions and situations. They should also be someone who can assess the situation correctly and quickly. They're not someone who argues over petty things but instead ignores them. A genius doesn't mean scoring 100% on all your exams
Reply 9
TBH though I'm not that good academically, I consider myself a genius and a mastermind.. I use strategy to get what I want and dont mind brown nosing either. I've outsmarted so called geniuses many times. Look at my threads, all platinum selling, I'm just creative as **** and an all rounded swell guy dripping with charisma like I jumped in a bath full of swag.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest